NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
12 Jan
4:51pm, 12 Jan 2024
3,078 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Day 6 - Center, and Day 7 - Sync, done this afternoon, rather than at my usual evening time.
Thanks Autumnleaves and MH , Day 6 was fine for me, although I did get rather warm and had to take off a couple of layers ;-) . MH, I actually did do most of Day 6 with my eyes shut ;-) except when I looked to check I was interpreting her verbal cues correctly. I do a lot of my Pilates and yoga with my eyes shut, partly to block out the gym's studio room overhead lights, but more to focus on what I am doing, so I am used to closed eyes.
12 Jan
6:25pm, 12 Jan 2024
22,310 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Just finished Day 7. Eek, four days of 30 days today. I'm retired doncha know, and no dog to walk today so have no excuse not to. It's very repetitive this year... that's a week done so I hope there's some different stuff tomorrow. Have dance class tomorrow so will only do two sessions at most.

Flatlander - I close my eyes a lot of the time too. I won't be doing that on balances though. Am so rubbish at balances!
MH
12 Jan
7:10pm, 12 Jan 2024
1,034 posts
  •  
MH
Flatlander - I knew it! :-)

Missed today, will have catch up tomorrow!
12 Jan
7:33pm, 12 Jan 2024
3,079 posts
  •  
Flatlander
Sharkie I thought I was doing a lot by completing 2 sessions a day, but 4? I'm impressed. I did wonder if you might have your eyes closed. ;-)

I have done some balances with my eyes shut, but in yoga class the instructor continues to talk to us (part of the process of getting us to concentrate and block out extraneous mind wanderings) which is a little distracting, so I use my eyes to fix my focus on a drishti point, as I mentioned last year.
12 Jan
7:43pm, 12 Jan 2024
22,312 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Flatlander well I reckoned if I could do 3.5 hours of Contemporary Dance, five days on the trot, then the small matter of less than two hours yoga shouldn’t be a problem. 😉

Hope I don’t ache like Billy-o tomorrow, though!
12 Jan
7:46pm, 12 Jan 2024
3,081 posts
  •  
Flatlander
You won't be doing another 4 YWA Days tomorrow, then? ;-)
12 Jan
7:52pm, 12 Jan 2024
66,086 posts
  •  
LindsD
I close my eyes as much as I can.

Day 10 done. Loved the warrior/triangular pose sequence. Will try to catch up tomorrow.
12 Jan
7:56pm, 12 Jan 2024
19,781 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I do a lot with eyes closed - like Flatlander I've been doing Pilates for a long time & I do quite a bit of that with my eyes closed too. I find it easier to focus on the breathing that way.
12 Jan
8:06pm, 12 Jan 2024
22,313 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I still hate bloody controlled breathing. I don't shallow breathe and I don't hold my breath - but I CANNOT breathe to order. Help! Have tried and tried for, well, years.
12 Jan
8:48pm, 12 Jan 2024
3,082 posts
  •  
Flatlander
I used to be able to control my breathing to order very well until I suddenly developed asthma 7 years ago.
Now, in, say, a breathe-in for a slow count of 6, I sometimes end up having an involuntary yawn/gasp after getting to 4 because I can't get enough breath in. It does often settle down eventually and I can subsequently get up to 6, but I don't feel in control.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.