NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
4:14pm, 2 Jan 2023
15,622 posts
  •  
Sweetie
Day 1 done. Been a while since I did yoga regularly so felt a bit creaky but nice to be back on the mat.
Jan 2023
4:17pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,072 posts
  •  
Sharkie
The figure of eight, fingers behind head, diamond elbows shape was new to me.

Pretty useful 30 mins for runners: bit of plank, some good lunges and early balances. Usual clear instructions - I barely looked at the screen.

This year I am really concentrating on keeping my hips square unless otherwise instructed, and will think about just the right amount of effort from the deep abdominals.
Jan 2023
4:34pm, 2 Jan 2023
3,312 posts
  •  
panad
Day one done āœ…

As usual - doing a specific session has highlighted the bits that although i started doing yoga to improve (ie balance) iā€™m am guilty of neglecting, despite near daily practice, because when just choosing videos randomly i opt for ones i enjoy.ll. High lunges very wobbly, strong enough in warrior 2s though.

Nice enjoyable, slow, chilled session today. šŸ˜
Jan 2023
4:37pm, 2 Jan 2023
18,864 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
I've also done Day 1 - I didn't think it was quite as challenging as last year's day 1 (but of course I have another year of pretty regular practice under my belt). I wobbled on the first high lunge when I tried to look up - the other side was better. The warriors were fine and the planks were ok. I have got much stronger at the latter over the course of the last year.
Jan 2023
4:49pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,073 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Autumnleaves that was my only wobble too - looking up in the first high lunge. I reckon it was partly because we weren't expecting it and therefore the second side was easier because we made the necessary small adjustments.
Jan 2023
4:52pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,176 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Day one done. Rookie mistake - I tried to do it on the living room rug until I satrted sailing across the floor. Had to pause and then get out the proper yoga mat.

I did find I had to check the video a few times to work out what was going on but that's more down to me. If I get a bit more experienced, I think I'll be alright.
Jan 2023
4:53pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,177 posts
  •  
McGoohan
I did laugh out loud when she said 'the showing up is the hardest part' just before she lifted her right leg and tucked it behind her. no Adriene, *that* is much harder.
Jan 2023
4:55pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,074 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I will be interested to see how I fare with the balances this year - deffo my weak point last year. I still think my balance is crap (probs not bad for yer average 70 year old, but still)

However I have been working on balance in different ways. 'You're not doing yoga!' I was scolded a week or two ago when I went into tree pose rather than the more difficult one leg ballet position that was required :-)
Jan 2023
4:55pm, 2 Jan 2023
19,122 posts
  •  
rf_fozzy
See Yoga is for the *already* bendy to become more bendy.

And to show up the rest of us.
Jan 2023
4:57pm, 2 Jan 2023
15,912 posts
  •  
Badger
Day one done. I liked the diamond elbows bit, new to me also. My tablet randomly paused at one point and was a full minute before I thought "can't see Adrienne staying completely silent this long." It was comfortable, fortunately.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.