NEW - 2024 Adriene's 30 Day Yoga Journey

54 watchers
Jan 2023
4:58pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,075 posts
  •  
Sharkie
It's not 'just' about bendiness though, is it? Just as much about strength and balance. I think this series will concentrate more on those elements.
Jan 2023
4:58pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,178 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Yeah, that's what I'm there for, the balance particularly.
Jan 2023
5:00pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,076 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Me too.

Being bendy (I am) is actually quite rubbish and a recipe for disaster without strength and control.
Jan 2023
5:02pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,179 posts
  •  
McGoohan
...and I did enjoy that session - I came to it from 40 minutes of indoor rowing. It made a pleasing contrast. I think I might try the same approach in future days, replacing the 10 min stretching session at the end of the RowAlong with Adriene's current day's practice.
Jan 2023
5:07pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,077 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Sounds like a plan. What do you reckon to the stretching session on RowAlong? Is it useful? Bit general or specific to rowing? Just an add on? Is the rowing every day?
Jan 2023
5:12pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,180 posts
  •  
McGoohan
It's pretty good. Rowing uses quite a lot of muscle groups so he whizzes through a lot. He used to just say 'stretch after this session' but he's been going back and adding in stretching exercises - pretty much standard runners' ones: hamstrings, glutes etc.

He set up a Row Every Day of November thing - 30 rows of 30 mins each at different paces/stroke rates/pyramids etc. You can see that I don't manage every day as today I did Day 16. I'm hoping he'll do another training plan for a specific distance but he has hundreds of videos up already.

Today I did the 10 mins of his stretching and then went straight into the Adriene session and did feel I was kind of repeating myself a bit
Jan 2023
5:14pm, 2 Jan 2023
18,997 posts
  •  
northernslowcoach
Day 1 done
Also wobbly in high lunges but better in the warriors

Need more practice ;)
Jan 2023
5:25pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,078 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Ah McGoohan - I know you 'do' loads and see from your blog that you don't row every day. More like every other of three times a week? It's kind of nice to at least try and keep up with Adriene - and some days are only around 17-18 mins - so perhaps see how a week's worth works out, trying with and without the row stretch? I know what I mean but am not sure I'm clear.

Am firm believer of making any sort of exercise plan work for you, ie oneself.
Jan 2023
5:29pm, 2 Jan 2023
52,181 posts
  •  
McGoohan
Yes, that's about right for the frequency of rowing. What I didn't say - was that I reckon f I skip the rowing stretch but go straight into the Adriene session, I can probably do both in a WFH lunch hour.

I'll suck it and see though - I don't want to 'race' both or either and end up doing them both badly
Jan 2023
5:30pm, 2 Jan 2023
21,079 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Gotcha. Makes sense.

About This Thread

Maintained by Bintmcskint
Who's in?

Adriene's 2024 30 day "yoga journey" is called Flow
Join us for the very best start to your yoga year :-)

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.