Mundane thread

8 lurkers | 155 watchers
7 Oct
12:00pm, 7 Oct 2024
58,139 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Kindle unlimited has seen me read books I wouldn’t normally. Some also come with free audiobook so I have books on the go reading and listening. If I wasn’t still caught up in the “OMG no salary panic” I’d say it’s a worthwhile cost! Instead I will join the library once my freebie is over!

Lunch today will be slightly limp left over stir fry veg
7 Oct
12:08pm, 7 Oct 2024
9,462 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
@Rosehip I suspect they are the Abbey books (cousins Joy and Joan, lots of country dancing and then lots of marriages and frequently twins). I have many of those too.
7 Oct
12:33pm, 7 Oct 2024
33,377 posts
  •  
Rosehip
@IdristheDragon that's it! thank you :)

I don't read any fiction at all now - maybe I should revisit the old favourites.

not getting very far down the todo list, keep getting distracted.

Have found a couple of large drysaks that I thought I must have imagined existed as haven't seen them for ages.
7 Oct
12:47pm, 7 Oct 2024
4,316 posts
  •  
Shades
Hair cut and lunch done.
7 Oct
12:47pm, 7 Oct 2024
58,142 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Sad to read about a runner dying at the Cardiff half 😥
7 Oct
1:02pm, 7 Oct 2024
12,976 posts
  •  
PaulaMc
The gas man is here. We called him to check that the hob had no issues, following a recall/check up letter but he didn’t seem to know what he was here for when he arrived. He’s been very busy, I just hope he’s done what we called him for!
7 Oct
1:09pm, 7 Oct 2024
45,280 posts
  •  
Ness
That is sad, Pix. :(

Have eaten lunch. Am getting ready to do some weight training (ie sitting on the sofa while Mr Ness shuffles things around in the conservatory for me 😂)
7 Oct
1:23pm, 7 Oct 2024
20,329 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Lizzie W wrote:My favourite were the Lorna Hill books: mix of boys & girls, ballet at Sadlers Wells in term time and ponies in Northumbria in the holidays - totally outside my interests and experience (mum didn't approve of Blyton, so I didn't read them until T13 was small)

I loved those too - had forgotten; also the Blue Door Theatre series by Pamela Brown.
7 Oct
1:36pm, 7 Oct 2024
40,799 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
My sister is a massive Chalet School fan and has all of ours (we were usually bought books 'to share'.)

My all-time favourite 'girls boarding school' story was Mollie Hazeldene's Schooldays which was the first book which reduced me to tears at the end Mollie has to leave the school and looks around at the friends she will be leaving behind as they sing the school song. Sentimental certainly, but as it was written in 1940 understandably so.
7 Oct
1:37pm, 7 Oct 2024
7,871 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
I’ve not heard or read of most of the book series mentioned. I was a massive Roald Dahl reader.

Have developed a cold so easy day today. Bit annoying to get cold whilst on annual leave.

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.