Mundane thread

9 lurkers | 155 watchers
7 Oct
10:32am, 7 Oct 2024
28,748 posts
  •  
Lizzie W
Thanks for being here, I'm sat next to mum in hospital, feeling glum.
7 Oct
11:04am, 7 Oct 2024
9,460 posts
  •  
IdristheDragon
The Jill books were by Ruby Ferguson. I also have the majority of the Sadler's Wells books. I do occasionally read things intended for people older than teenagers...
7 Oct
11:08am, 7 Oct 2024
24,558 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sending hugs @Lizzie W
7 Oct
11:10am, 7 Oct 2024
71,271 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
No DOMS yet, I should maybe say. It's less than 24 hours.

I read everything that didn't run away when I was wee. Loved the Chalet School, though it never occurred to me to do anything other than feel inadequate in response to a narrative of a sickly 12 year old orphan living in Devon being able to speak French and German to native standard at the age of 12.
7 Oct
11:15am, 7 Oct 2024
58,137 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
Hugs Lizzie

Runned
Protein

Tea
Cleaned bathrooms

Shower

More tea

I read lots of horsey books both fact and fictional

I ❤️ books 📚
7 Oct
11:33am, 7 Oct 2024
4,315 posts
  •  
Shades
My parents were both avid readers and as a child I had 2 lots of pocket money. One was normal pocket money and the other had to be spent on reading matter, didn't matter what it was, comics or books. Used to be able to get 8 paperback books for a pound. I could read before I went to school.
7 Oct
11:37am, 7 Oct 2024
58,138 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I often read through the night! A neighbour would grass in me
I got told off by an English teacher when I was 14 for reading war and peace as there was no way I could read it as it was an a level book.
7 Oct
11:43am, 7 Oct 2024
33,375 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I'm trying to remember another set of books that also had a character called Joy and were set in England - they were mum's I'll have to ask her

My sister read more pony based books and Enid Blyton than I did, but I read anything and everything, thank goodness for libraries :) Used to love family camping and cottage holidays with wide range of loan books that probably wouldn't have come across otherwise
7 Oct
11:45am, 7 Oct 2024
33,376 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Hugs for Lizzie ((()))

( I read some old, long, threads on here from start to finish when I was sat with dad all night)

Tea #many. long todo list being ticked off slowly. need to go for a jog.
7 Oct
11:58am, 7 Oct 2024
77,920 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Hugs lizzie.

About This Thread

Maintained by Johnny Blaze
I have replaced the batteries in the TV remote.

The old ones were flat, so it wasn't working.