Fetch Camper Vans

93 watchers
13 Apr
7:07pm, 13 Apr 2024
26,866 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I've only stayed at Damage Barton near Woolacombe, Mandy. It's a lovely site with nice views, a couple of miles or so from the sea BUT it is down a big hill to Woolacombe and cycling back will be hard work. I'm not sure how cycling is generally in that area, but I believe the Tarka Trail starts there.
14 Apr
1:07pm, 14 Apr 2024
3,375 posts
  •  
Big_G
I actually live in Devon and explore the coast a lot, but I can’t recommend any campsites as I haven’t stayed at them really, except at Woolacombe prior to a parkrun. I wouldn’t necessarily recommend the one I stayed at as it was fairly large, but it served a purpose for us (parkrun, and exploring that coast a bit, as I live on the south coast). I realise this is no help whatsoever!!

Spent much of the morning sorting out a couple trips, including a trip over to Europe again, in June. Last year we had an amazing time in France, and especially Italy. This year we’re seeing OH’s parent in Netherlands, and will probably go on their boat for a night or two. Then potentially head down to Germany as I’d like to explore the Black Forest a bit. Other than seeing friends and hoping to do a couple of parkruns, no detailed plans yet, but ferry is booked, as is a night near Dover to break the journey up from Devon prior to the crossing. Need to sort the dog’s paperwork (OH is a vet), but I like having stuff in the diary to look forward to.

Another trip we sorted is one near Tring. OH has a conference there on the Friday. Her employer offered to put her up in a hotel, but we’ve decided to go up in the van and make a weekend of it, and again I’ll do a parkrun on the Saturday as the site is walkable to one.
14 Apr
1:54pm, 14 Apr 2024
18,747 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Sounds exciting Big_G, you will have tongive us a shout if your near Dover for any time.

We are thinking of going back to a Campervan - we had much more fun with ours than we do with the caravan
14 Apr
9:19pm, 14 Apr 2024
2,473 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Good plans Big_G
We're just back from a CCC club meet in Henley on Thames. Nice flat and quiet field. We had some lovely riverside walks, and the rather hilly parkrun was about a mile away. Very pretty one up through woods with bluebells coming out. It was still a bit muddy, so must have been very challenging a week or two back.
14 Apr
11:05pm, 14 Apr 2024
31,724 posts
  •  
Rosehip
do it, Mandy :) - what about a slightly bigger van this time?
14 Apr
11:11pm, 14 Apr 2024
18,751 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
That's what we are thinking Rosehip..going to do some research over the next week or so.
14 Apr
11:11pm, 14 Apr 2024
2,043 posts
  •  
Mark J 🇳🇿
So, at the end of the week we're combining two of our favourite things. Friday morning we jump in the camper van and head 6 hours south to Christchurch for this coming weekend's marathon. It's also school holidays here, so we'll be away for a week, enjoying the delights of Christchurch and then the hot pools and mountain biking in and around Hanmer Springs. Been getting the camper slowly ready for the last week or so. Now just to do the final packing of clothes. I do love a good camper trip and throwing in a big race, well it doesn't get much better, hey.
15 Apr
5:46am, 15 Apr 2024
26,876 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
I get excited hearing about other people’s camper van adventures and plans.
We go to Barmouth, on the Welsh coast, next week for a few days. I’d intended to use it as a base to climb Snowdon, but it’s an hours drive away (I misjudged it!) so we’ll have a beach holiday instead 😁 We’ll start loading the van today I think.
15 Apr
7:10am, 15 Apr 2024
18,753 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
So here goes then - those of you that have small campervans what brand do you have? Our last two were VW's but does anyone have any other makes?
15 Apr
7:26am, 15 Apr 2024
16,025 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Ours is a Toyota Alphard and we love it

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...