Fetch Camper Vans

93 watchers
15 Apr
3:42pm, 15 Apr 2024
6,238 posts
  •  
TheScribbler
If we'd have sold our VW last year, we'd have made money on it, despite it being 3 years old. That's partly what made us decide to keep it, as although we don't use it as often as we'd like to, we couldn't imagine spending more to get something similar in a few years time.

It works pretty well for us, although in an ideal world we'd like a loo/shower option, for longer trips off grid. But that would mean a bigger van.
15 Apr
5:16pm, 15 Apr 2024
18,755 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
We will convert again if we go down the van route. Mr Moo converted the last two
18 Apr
9:11pm, 18 Apr 2024
2,063 posts
  •  
Mark J πŸ‡³πŸ‡Ώ
All loaded up and ready to roll. I call road trip. Woohoo!!!

19 Apr
12:24am, 19 Apr 2024
27,285 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
WOOHOO!!! πŸ’ͺπŸΌπŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌ
19 Apr
6:09am, 19 Apr 2024
31,777 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Have fun :)
19 Apr
6:19am, 19 Apr 2024
31,778 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Pub car park stopover for us last night - on our way to get the solar and battery upgraded.
I see more of these and less campsites in our future.
19 Apr
6:50am, 19 Apr 2024
18,770 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Mark J enjoy your trip

We have seen a van we like, just need to sell the wobblebox 🀞
19 Apr
6:56am, 19 Apr 2024
31,779 posts
  •  
Rosehip
luck
19 Apr
7:09am, 19 Apr 2024
18,771 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Agree about less campsites, they really are pricing themselves out of the market. That along with the costs of just insuring, servicing breakdown cover etc for the wobblebox is one reason why we are getting rid and going back go van which we will use as daily drive too.
19 Apr
8:05am, 19 Apr 2024
3,081 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Campsite prices are getting a bit out of hand. When I started I was looking at Β£25 limit for what I was willing to pay. Now I'm looking at a Β£30 minimum. My first trip round the NC500 was an average of Β£18-20 per night.

I wish more campsites would charge metered electricity, instead of just adding on a price per night. I run a small efficient fridge, lights and a 1.5 KW heater in the winter and a camping kettle. Meanwhile the big white van next to us has an oven, microwave, heated shower, full size fridge freezer, heating and a hair drier. We're both paying the same.

Went to a nearby campsite (1 hour from home), as it has great mountain biking trails directly from it, entertainment on, great walks and just a pleasant place to be. Thought it would be a nice place when we just want to chill out for a weekend... I was charged Β£32 which I thought was steep, but the price on the price list showed Β£38 per night. No chance. Not sure why I was charged less.

I am liking places like Nature Scot reserves, which have toilets open all night and just ask for a donation.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...