Ally-C
I’ve never not used a campsite.
Jul 2023
11:19am, 23 Jul 2023
17,088 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Reiver that is stunning

That site sounds fab - what's it called please?
Jul 2023
7:57am, 24 Jul 2023
2,712 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
In Dunkeld for the weekend on an actual campsite. Usually do a night or 2 in the van parked up somewhere random. Finding the campsite experience a bit strange.

How is it? I love Dunkeld and quite keen to try the campsite. Is it Inver Mill Farm you are on?
Jul 2023
9:06am, 25 Jul 2023
39,827 posts
  •  
halfpint
Hmm I’m probably the wrong person to ask as I don’t often use campsites. It’s a great location. Right by the river. You can walk to the hermitage or into Dunkeld. If you bike there’s some great stuff to play on. Dunkeld has some lovely cafes and bakeries. The site itself is fine. They obvious have quite a lot of regulars who all know each other. They were a bit annoying on Saturday early evening but it was all quiet by the time we came back from dinner. Some pitches are nicer than others.
Jul 2023
9:58am, 25 Jul 2023
2,715 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Thank you - hope you're having a great time.

I am off to Clachtoll in a week for 3 nights, followed by 3 nights in Skye. Forecast looking wet unfortunately, but will make the best of it.
Jul 2023
10:05am, 25 Jul 2023
11,512 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
I’m itching to get away for a night or two. There is a possible bikepacking weekend this coming weekend and I’m toying with taking the Moho the night before… so, Friday night in the van, Saturday night in the wild, with the van left in a car park…
Jul 2023
1:39pm, 25 Jul 2023
17,098 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Probably too much of a ball mark question but does Scotland have many cycle tracks (like Europe etc) or is a bit hit and miss like the UK. Just trying to work out if worth taking OH's bike and the dog trailer on our trip or just my bike for me to explore.

Doing Bamburgh (Northumberland) Stonehaven, Yellowcraig, Glenmore, glencoe, Ayrshire and the lakes (Grange over Sands)
Jul 2023
4:56pm, 25 Jul 2023
25,576 posts
  •  
GimmeMedals
Yellowcraig and Glenmore are good for cycling, Mandy, as is south of Stranraer in Ayrshire (Port Patrick, Port Logan, Sandhead). I'm not sure about the other places x
Jul 2023
5:01pm, 25 Jul 2023
39,828 posts
  •  
halfpint
There’s loads of cycle trails (off road but very rideable) around Glenmore. It’s a great area to explore by bike. You could cycle the Deeside way from Duthie park in Aberdeen (or Banchory/Ballater/Aboyne) but not a lot of off road around Stonehaven I can think of.
Jul 2023
5:04pm, 25 Jul 2023
39,829 posts
  •  
halfpint
You can see the important stuff around Stonehaven by foot though. Guillianotti’s for ice cream, the bay for fish and chips, dunnotar castle via the cliff path. The harbour area is nice for a pint/food.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...