•  
Mandymoo
That was lucky they were able to sort
Aug 2023
8:21pm, 12 Aug 2023
26,616 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
We had a great break in Highland Perthshire. Invermill Farm Caravan Park near Dunkeld. Bills itself as a peaceful, quiet site and it is, overnight. Really lovely and quiet. However, it’s next door to the sawmill and therefore less than peaceful during the day. If you like to be out and about between 9 and 4 then it’s excellent; if sitting by your unit enjoying the day at camp is what you prefer you might’ve better off up the road at Faskally.

invermillfarm.com

We loved it. You can walk to Dunkeld (1 mile, easy riverside path) where there’s pubs, restaurants and bus stops to get to Perth. Or you can walk 10mins the other way and into the woods by The Hermitage, a NTS site with loads of paths and sights. We also walked through Dunkeld and on to the Loch of the Lowes, renowned for its breeding ospreys, where there’s a Scottish Wildlife Trust centre.
Aug 2023
8:41pm, 12 Aug 2023
39,897 posts
  •  
halfpint
I was there a few weeks ago AC. There seemed to be a lot of regulars who were friendly but lively early evening. No sawmill activity when I was there.
Aug 2023
6:24pm, 14 Aug 2023
7,306 posts
  •  
Helegant
Heads up for a site we stayed at lat weekend. Hurley Riverside Park on the bank of the Thames near Marlow. Well run, clean, and direct access to the riverbank. Most folks kept to the 10.30pm to 7.30am curfew and it was better managed than many commercial sites we've stayed at.
Aug 2023
10:30pm, 16 Aug 2023
1,804 posts
  •  
forest plodder
We had five nights at Boomtown and we're pleased that the lithium battery we fitted coped well with that long off grid, especially as the weather wasn't particularly sunny. Really appreciated the comfort after long days and a lot of climbing up and down the hill (edge of the South Downs near Winchester)
Aug 2023
8:33am, 18 Aug 2023
2,729 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
Went to Broadford in Skye just over a week ago. Nice site. Quiet and modern. Not much character about the place yet and too much gravel for my liking, but it's still quite a new site. The toilet and shower facilities are very clean and up to date. Walking distance to a large Coop and some restaurants/bars. Nice walks straight from the site. Skye itself was bonkers though. Unbelievably busy and the standard of driving was shockingly bad. Folk driving at 25 mph in a 60 limit would just stop without warning to take a photo of a waterfall, for example.

Aug 2023
9:09am, 18 Aug 2023
3,964 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Love Skye but give it a wide berth, Ullapool used to be great too, NC500 has ruined it though.
Aug 2023
9:09am, 18 Aug 2023
15,324 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
We've stayed at that site Ronnie and also loved the facilities. They had a fish n chip van on one of the nights.
Aug 2023
9:16am, 18 Aug 2023
2,730 posts
  •  
RunningRonnie
I saw the sign about the chip van. Wished it was one of the nights that we were there.
Aug 2023
10:32am, 18 Aug 2023
4,924 posts
  •  
Reiver
We stayed on that site in July too Ronnie. There was a very high daily turnover of campers which seemed to reflect an urgency to move on. We used it as a base for five nights as we wanted time to relax.

I do agree with your comments, the facilities were excellent and we had a nice time. That's my first ever visit to Skye and I don't think I 'need' to go back.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...