Fetch Camper Vans

2 lurkers | 93 watchers
Aug 2023
6:09pm, 6 Aug 2023
3,890 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Not insured either then I’d have thought.

That’s why I’d phone the Police in a car shunt. As I know to my cost the hassle of getting hit by a car like this.
Aug 2023
6:30pm, 6 Aug 2023
7,302 posts
  •  
Helegant
We took the van to Glastonbury on Friday in preparation for the Extravaganza on Saturday. It was unusual camping for us - no electricity, 5 showers shared between several hundred people, composting toilets with no handwashing facilities. We don't normally bother to use the sink in the van and it didn't occur to me to take a container for waste-water - doh! Lesson learned.
Aug 2023
6:33pm, 6 Aug 2023
26,603 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
We’ve just booked 3 nights in the Highlands, near Dunkeld. For this week! :)

It’ll be our first trip of the year.
Aug 2023
7:02pm, 6 Aug 2023
17,147 posts
  •  
Mandymoo
Enjoy Angus

We used to have an outside bin with out VW or if not I would find a bin somewhere
Aug 2023
7:45pm, 6 Aug 2023
9,772 posts
  •  
Fields
Thanks all. Hopefully they took it with them, but clearly many people don’t given the state of some of the car parks.

I did see another car which had tied to the drivers door handle what looked like a dogs mess bag. Less likely to forget it that way.
Aug 2023
8:46am, 8 Aug 2023
5,494 posts
  •  
jelly
We always bin our rubbish, touring for 2 weeks so we can’t keep it and take it home!
Aug 2023
9:22am, 8 Aug 2023
11,582 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
We tend to throw as we go.. use a bin liner or carrier bag in the van and empty when we’re on a campsite - mostly so we can also recycle as we go.
Aug 2023
8:20am, 12 Aug 2023
5,502 posts
  •  
jelly
Been touring up the west side of Scotland since last Sunday! We stopped at Gretna, then Stranraer while the boys popped to Belfast, then Loch Tulla and Loch lochy, we were on the way to Skye but was billowing black smoke and losing power! Mr J turned us around and got us back on the road to Fort Augusta where we had seen a garage.

We completely lost power on a hill and he had to roll us back carefully into a lay-by! Called the rac who sent guys from the garage where we were heading! They plugged us in, found out what was wrong, bypassed the problem so we could get back to Fort Augusta, they ordered the part which came yesterday and fitted it last night! Absolutely lovely people! I thought it may have been the end of our holiday and could have been had it happened somewhere else, but we will be on our way to Skye this morning!
Aug 2023
8:29am, 12 Aug 2023
3,931 posts
  •  
Ally-C
Wave from the top of the Inn Pin jelly 😀
Aug 2023
8:34am, 12 Aug 2023
11,591 posts
  •  
cathrobinson
That’s a huge relief, jelly. Hope you have no further problems.

About This Thread

Maintained by AntClark
Share the VW (or other) Camper Van love, which Fetchies have Campers? Can't beat a Camper for Race ...