Electric car anyone?

2 lurkers | 72 watchers
10 Aug
12:18pm, 10 Aug 2024
6,676 posts
  •  
quimby
Agree @Dave W. I would not have entertained getting a Tesla. Mind you, they were somewhat out of my price range.
10 Aug
12:51pm, 10 Aug 2024
178 posts
  •  
Yakima Canutt
How very self-rightious @Dave W . I've had 2 Tesla's and as a family we love them. Great cars. Fun to drive. But, each to their own.

Elon is a prat, but the company is more than him.
10 Aug
1:01pm, 10 Aug 2024
21,325 posts
  •  
Dave W
How very introverted of you Yakima Canutt. Nothing like looking at the bigger picture.

My family likes them cos they’re fun to drive so we’re quite happy to fund a fascist dickhead.
10 Aug
1:26pm, 10 Aug 2024
179 posts
  •  
Yakima Canutt
Elons a minority shareholder. Less of the very obvious baiting. Keep that to the politics thread.
10 Aug
1:27pm, 10 Aug 2024
15,325 posts
  •  
Meeps
We have a Tesla, we love it
10 Aug
1:39pm, 10 Aug 2024
1,241 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
I'm sure all Fetch Tesla drivers are sensible, law-abiding good drivers. How in my experience, Tesla drivers are the worst on the road. And to be avoided at all costs. I'm fairly sure due ro their downright dangerous and aggresive driving means the range they achieve is nowhere near the stated ones. Just the other day, no safe gap at a roundabout did not stop Mr Tesla going for it.
10 Aug
2:17pm, 10 Aug 2024
21,327 posts
  •  
Dave W
You started with the baiting Yakima. Self righteous was it?
10 Aug
6:54pm, 10 Aug 2024
50,664 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Not a Musk fan. And purchasing power is very important in world politics. But not sure all my spending/ savings are squeaky clean. Where do you draw the line? Most battery tech is partly or wholly Chinese and they have some serious problematic human rights violations and international relations problems. Where are pur pensions invested? Etc.

I have considered not a Polestar or Volvo because mostly Chinese manufacturers.

Fair point Dave W. But I guess each of us have to make our choices?
11 Aug
8:07am, 11 Aug 2024
1,250 posts
  •  
Fenners-Reborn
If I had the money @HappyG(rrr) I would definitely go for something from the Audi eTron range. There is a guy on the science park where I work that drives an Audit eTron GT. From what I've seen, he doesn't drive it like a dick. He uses the 'power' appropriately when joining the A14. It really seems to shift in tranquil relaxed understated way.
11 Aug
9:28am, 11 Aug 2024
7,620 posts
  •  
ThorntonRunner
Just had a fortnight in which I've done two return trips Leicester to Gatwick, and had a week's holiday in Wharfedale. Apart from one charger that wouldn't connect meaning I had to move to the one adjacent, everything was smooth and all charges took place when I would have stopped anyway (motorway services for toilet/drink break or supermarket shopping) and didn't extend the stop, so in effect no time used specifically for charging.

Have just replaced my front tyres after 25k miles, still plenty of tread on the rears.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Some current vehicles that Fetchies have:-
HappyG Hyundai Kona 64kWh 240-280 miles range
ev-database.uk
larkim MG4 SE LR 61.7kWh usable (64kWh advertised)
ev-database.org
larkim (Now sold) Peugeot e208 46kWh usable (50kWh advertised) 180-220 miles range
ev-database.uk
ThorntonRunner Pre-facelift MG5 (LR Exclusive). 61kWh, 57kWh usable
ev-database.org
Jenelopy BYD Atto 60.5kWh usable
ev-database.org
Runningbear21 Jaguar i-Pace 84.7kWh
ev-database.org

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.