Electric car anyone?

2 lurkers | 72 watchers
5 Aug
7:23pm, 5 Aug 2024
6,674 posts
  •  
quimby
Got my first free charge today as I spent the morning at work. Nice, but it isn't going to persuade me to go into the office more. šŸ˜‰
5 Aug
7:34pm, 5 Aug 2024
174 posts
  •  
Yakima Canutt
We have the same Quimby, but also a free canteen lunch and a free breakfast in a Friday. They had me at "breakfast".
5 Aug
10:27pm, 5 Aug 2024
25,328 posts
  •  
larkim
The SR model of the MG4 has a different chemistry to the LR model and by design is perfectly ok with 100% charge, so much so that the software in the SR models doesn't allow for a target %age charge, whereas the LR models do.

Though I've got the LR model!
6 Aug
8:56am, 6 Aug 2024
22,945 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Whereas I've got the SR.

I'd read that information somewhere when I was first finding out about how to charge, but I can't find an unequivocal link anywhere other than something posted on SpeakEV or MGEVS forums.
6 Aug
11:41am, 6 Aug 2024
3,835 posts
  •  
Big_G
Not really relevant I guess, although I do know advertising is important.

Iā€™m watching Olympics on Discovery and it seems that in many of the ad breaks thereā€™s an advert for the new Renault 5 and I love it, with the Daft Punk music as well. ā€œR5volution is a French thingā€

A cut down version of this advert is being shown regularly. When this car came out a few months ago, I loved it, the styling, the nod to the original Renault 5. I think this could become a very popular car.
https://youtu.be/aW6ApcI16F8?si=zc3kxwUT0Xz9cPN9
6 Aug
12:58pm, 6 Aug 2024
50,623 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
The original Renault 5 was an ace wee car. I think the advertising on electrics is weirs sometimes though. The one unplugging Frankenstein's monster?! :-) G
6 Aug
5:37pm, 6 Aug 2024
3,837 posts
  •  
Big_G
Definitely off topic but I know someone who has an original Renault 5 GT Turbo. Itā€™s not in mint condition as he uses it pretty much as a daily driver, but itā€™s lovely. Proper blast from the past for me and thereā€™s not many left I donā€™t think (probably many got wrapped around lampposts or similar, I imagine!).

That advert though - snapping an exhaust pipe off as heā€™s climbing up a mountain of old ICE cars. Love it.
3M
7 Aug
6:50am, 7 Aug 2024
24,543 posts
  •  
3M
That and the tumbling petrol tanker... :)
7 Aug
3:54pm, 7 Aug 2024
25,331 posts
  •  
larkim
DeeGee wrote:Whereas I've got the SR. I'd read that information somewhere when I was first finding out about how to charge, but I can't find an unequivocal link anywhere other than something posted on SpeakEV or MGEVS forums.

The SR has the LFP battery whereas the LR has the NMC type I think (I may have the acronyms incorrect!)
10 Aug
10:01am, 10 Aug 2024
21,324 posts
  •  
Dave W
ā€˜His rhetoric has made Tesla toxicā€™: is Elon Musk driving away his target market?

Discuss.

I for one will be buying or leasing an electric car the next time I change my vehicle. But I would not buy a Tesla while ever Musk is associated with the company in any way. I think that he is a fascist prat and I would not want to give him any of my money.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Some current vehicles that Fetchies have:-
HappyG Hyundai Kona 64kWh 240-280 miles range
ev-database.uk
larkim MG4 SE LR 61.7kWh usable (64kWh advertised)
ev-database.org
larkim (Now sold) Peugeot e208 46kWh usable (50kWh advertised) 180-220 miles range
ev-database.uk
ThorntonRunner Pre-facelift MG5 (LR Exclusive). 61kWh, 57kWh usable
ev-database.org
Jenelopy BYD Atto 60.5kWh usable
ev-database.org
Runningbear21 Jaguar i-Pace 84.7kWh
ev-database.org

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.