Electric car anyone?

8 lurkers | 72 watchers
1:57pm
1:57pm, 4 Oct 2024
247 posts
  •  
Yakima Canutt
We need to remove the VAT cost differential between public chargers 20% and domestic 5%. Its discriminatory to those with not ability to install chargers at home - which may tend to be lower earners.
5:09pm
5:09pm, 4 Oct 2024
21,393 posts
  •  
Gooner
HappyG(rrr) wrote:Solar panels + battery are about a 5 year payback. If you are prepared to stay in a house that long or if you think it will add value if you are selling, then it's a no brainer. Interest free loans from gov't are available in some areas so you don't have to find the capital. Or some installers do a "pay monthly" option, albeit with an interest charge, so costs you a bit. Wrong thread, obv! EV, saving is (depending on what baseline figs you use!) £200 pa per 1,000 miles. If you do high mileage like me, that's £3000 for 15,000 miles per year. Adds up pretty quickly as a saving. So I am prepared to use my savings, or take out a low cost personal loan, to fund the extra up front cost. G

I would only save £900 a year if I could home charge exclusively as my Mondeo is good on diesel, I am tempted by lease as I do want to move to an EV but atm, the extra monthly outlay and lack of anything to show for it at the end is a no go. As such, until second hand prices are low enough (6ish year old vehicles as that would be my market in ICE too) , I'm probably out of the market.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Nattering about EVs; are you thinking about owning one? Do you own one? Are you terrified of owning one?

A thread for those with range anxiety, eco friendliness and petrol heads alike!

Some current vehicles that Fetchies have:-
HappyG Hyundai Kona 64kWh 240-280 miles range
ev-database.uk
larkim MG4 SE LR 61.7kWh usable (64kWh advertised)
ev-database.org
larkim (Now sold) Peugeot e208 46kWh usable (50kWh advertised) 180-220 miles range
ev-database.uk
ThorntonRunner Pre-facelift MG5 (LR Exclusive). 61kWh, 57kWh usable
ev-database.org
Jenelopy BYD Atto 60.5kWh usable
ev-database.org
Runningbear21 Jaguar i-Pace 84.7kWh
ev-database.org

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.