Coronavirus **support** thread

1 lurker | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
1:02pm, 2 Jun 2020
40,898 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
OH just checked his bank account and a full refund for our cruise back in May isi in his account by the set time of 60 they said it might take. Well done P&O
Jun 2020
1:20pm, 2 Jun 2020
10,294 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’ve been on a call at work today we are looking at introducing a system that will give users a device to wear they beeps if another comes into the safe distance space. While I am assessing the risk to privacy and ensuring it won’t be used outside the parameters, it is a pretty cool way to ensure people are keeping a safe distance.
Jun 2020
1:21pm, 2 Jun 2020
37,372 posts
  •  
LindsD
Like a parking sensor?
Jun 2020
1:22pm, 2 Jun 2020
16,574 posts
  •  
Bazoaxe
As a family we kind of focus on and work towards a summer holiday so it’s a big thing for us. That said I think we are all agreed we don’t want to go abroad any time soon. We just need to hope we can get the money back and then maybe spend it locally
Jun 2020
1:34pm, 2 Jun 2020
17,604 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
weekend briefings to stop
not sure we will miss much
the briefings have been useless lately especially as the same questions are asked by different people and on multiple days!
Jun 2020
1:35pm, 2 Jun 2020
2,353 posts
  •  
Canute
Happy G, I had wished to imply that the ‘perhaps?!’ was very well justified. I think that most sensible scientists are still puzzling over several aspects of this epidemic. Advice from scientists should always be provisional. Nonetheless scientists can give estimates of probabilities and it is up to governments to make decisions based on the probabilities, taking into account a multiplicity of factors that are beyond the expertise of individual scientists.

With regard to travel, my own view, based largely on observing the way the pandemic has unfolded across the world, is that travel restrictions, both within and between countries, are as important as testing and tracing. However, there are very strong reasons why travel restrictions should be loosened in the coming months. My own view is that loosening of travel restrictions should be combined with testing before travel and again 5 days after travel; effective tracing of contacts of travellers; and some restrictions on what travellers can do for 14 days after travel. This would require effective organization by government and self-discipline by individuals.
Jun 2020
1:36pm, 2 Jun 2020
10,295 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Kind of apparently it beeps if you’re within 2m and also 1m then again if the pre set time has lapsed and you’re still within distance.

Aim is to help people to keep a safe distance, giving confidence they’re safe and the business can identify areas that are tricker to manage safe distancing so they can address them.
Jun 2020
2:02pm, 2 Jun 2020
14,509 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
Bazoaxe - I believe all travel insurers invoked a clause back in March that meant that after a certain date in March they would not cover COVID related claims.
Jun 2020
2:02pm, 2 Jun 2020
538 posts
  •  
Gogsy!
Thanks for the 'heads up', Lip Gloss … just checked & full P&O refund received here too.
Top company!
RYANAIR TAKE NOTE!!!
(Sorry …. can you tell that strikes a nerve? :-) )
Jun 2020
2:05pm, 2 Jun 2020
14,510 posts
  •  
Ultra Sparkly Bridget (USB)
Regarding the BCG theory. The approach in this country for quite some time now has been to target certain more vulnerable groups for this vaccine (neither of my adult children was offered it). For me this makes the theory seem at odds with the effect of COVID within the BAME population.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s