Coronavirus **support** thread

160 watchers
1 Jan
1:40pm, 1 Jan 2024
17,638 posts
  •  
jennywren
So sorry to hear that Rascal. Hope you make a full recovery soon. I had palpitations very briefly just before I tested negative and nothing since so I’m hoping I’m going to be ok. Cough is slowly receding and my lungs aren’t too bad. I’ve been able to run, very slowly, and have done some form of exercise every day
1 Jan
3:19pm, 1 Jan 2024
2,145 posts
  •  
forest plodder
Glad to hear you're improving steadily jennywren
Really sorry it's been such a long haul for you Rascal
7 Jan
12:19pm, 7 Jan 2024
48,573 posts
  •  
DocM
Let's see how this pans out. Just back from holiday with all 6 of the family. Son 2 developed a cold 2 days before coming home. Me and him are part of winter COVID study... He tested positive. Now feeling a bit better and had done an 8 mile run the day before. Daughter feels rough but negative test, child 3 feels rough tested positive. Eldest child shared a room with our index case, gone home to Scotland and currently climbing Ben Nevis. Hubby was under the weather all week but negative on returning home
7 Jan
1:49pm, 7 Jan 2024
14,124 posts
  •  
Meeps
Hope everyone is ok Doc, we also brought covid home from holiday last week
7 Jan
2:20pm, 7 Jan 2024
63,503 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Wife tested positive Thursday and was quite poorly but seems much better now. I've been okay so far and to be honest we've gone about life as normal. The more I think about the more I'm convinced my cough and cold bdfore Christmas was Covid. Again I was only really ill for a handful of days
7 Jan
4:19pm, 7 Jan 2024
10,171 posts
  •  
TeeBee
DocM, hope all of the crew get better soon.

Sorry if this has been said before, I only come in here sporadically, but I've heard that COVID tests are less reliable with the current strain of COVID that is circulating - giving higher rate of false negatives.
jda
17 Jan
3:10pm, 17 Jan 2024
16,254 posts
  •  
jda
My turn again. Not sure if covid or flu, 10y ago I'd have definitely said a mild case of the latter of course but maybe it's hard to tell these days. I was out on Sat in a large indoor group, which feels like the right time frame (and then a long run on Sunday on a chilly day which was good but quite draining). Coughing just a bit yesterday, now more flu-like symptoms.

Didn't feel too grotty up to lunch time (was out gritting the road etc) but now temp 38.5 = 101.3. Vaccinated against both (elderly parents) so I'm sure it won't be bad, but annoying with training to do and a weekend chess competition I wanted to travel to on Friday. I've only just got over a cold/cough the past couple of weeks too.
jda
17 Jan
3:14pm, 17 Jan 2024
16,255 posts
  •  
jda
Oh my wife just now got a call saying her dad (in hospital) has covid. We visited Sunday. Think that's probably where the smart money will go.
17 Jan
3:17pm, 17 Jan 2024
63,799 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
Hope none of you are too badly affected. It really is rife again, and unpleasant for them who haven't had jabs (offered) recently
jda
17 Jan
3:47pm, 17 Jan 2024
16,256 posts
  •  
jda
FiL is probably one of the most jabbed people in the country, and ridiculously healthy for 93 but you do always have to add "for 93" these days. So we'll see how he turns out. He's not currently in any distress, just enough under the weather for them to have tested him.

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s