Coronavirus **support** thread

1 lurker | 160 watchers
Jun 2020
5:52am, 12 Jun 2020
2,733 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I would not feel comfortable on an aeroplane and can't see me being able to go on our holiday to America at the beginning of October even if it were theoretically possible (self isolating on return not an issue as apart from exercise I'm doing that now). I'm not sure about a UK holiday as much as I would love to go it will be strange with social distancing and unless the advice to vulnerable people changes just swapping one house and running scenery for another - though that may be better than nothing.
Jun 2020
8:05am, 12 Jun 2020
37,784 posts
  •  
LindsD
That's all I want at the moment
Jun 2020
8:21am, 12 Jun 2020
2,601 posts
  •  
Tim of Fife
Luckily, given that this is our first Summer living by seaside, I have no great desire to go on holiday.

Would be lovely to see family and friends though. Especially our daughter in London.
Jun 2020
8:49am, 12 Jun 2020
35,168 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
That's what I'm hoping for Tim, for domestic travel to open up so we can visit family. I would normally go by plane to Isle of Lewis, but might do the car and ferry instead. Feels easier to keep one's distance.
JR
Jun 2020
8:51am, 12 Jun 2020
347 posts
  •  
JR
I’m on annual leave at the moment. Weather been a bit crap but I live in a nice area with plenty of stuff other people come to visit as tourists do not been too bad. Would rather have been in Greece though - even just for a change from the routine.

We have flights booked to Greece for end of August so if we are allowed we will go. I’m probably different to most in that I’m now feeling less stressed. I just couldn’t live like I was with the hideous paranoia & imaging my death at every turn - that was making me ill both physically & mentally. So I’m now making a daily conscious decision to just getting on with life & being careful but not panicking snout touching stuff or passing people - what will be will be. Life is for living not existing. I’m won’t pretend it’s easy but it certainly makes for a happier life.
Jun 2020
8:55am, 12 Jun 2020
510 posts
  •  
Non-runner
Very positive attitude JR, I fear a mental health crisis as a result of this lockdown.
Jun 2020
8:56am, 12 Jun 2020
2,734 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
If you're not high risk I think that's a good attitude JR.

I'd have thought that Scotland must relax restrictions soon given the numbers?
Jun 2020
9:21am, 12 Jun 2020
17,696 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I have found that with there being so much talk of death I am thinking about dad a lot and his last hours. I'm sure mum is too as she occasionally makes comments
It's not good

We missed our holiday to Mull in April and will have another garden holiday next month. Does feel like a wasted holiday when you can't do much! But then again I need a break as work has been hectic
Jun 2020
9:28am, 12 Jun 2020
19,370 posts
  •  
DeeGee
I'm finally able to take my kids to have lunch with their granny this weekend.

She's a widow, and all her sisters live in Germany, so we (and my brother in law) are literally all that she has. She's just young enough to not be shielding, so it's going to be fantastic.

Still can't go and see my parents though. They *are* shielding, but even if they weren't I can't make an eight hour round trip to spend a couple of hours in their garden.
Jun 2020
9:35am, 12 Jun 2020
18,019 posts
  •  
Serendippily
Waiting to see what will happen with schools. If they start putting them into bubbles to teach them in September that is what will open things up for c9 in terms of mixing. She is beginning to think about a SD walk with 1 or 2 it’s been preference as much as fear that has stopped her till now

About This Thread

Maintained by DocM
PLEASE NOTE
There is a separate discussion thread for debating the grander scheme of things here: fetcheveryone.com/forum/coronavirus-discussion-thread-61609

Go there if you want to talk about whether it's real, whether the government are trying to control us, etc, etc.

===

information, discussion and support about the unfolding Covid-19 outbreak
NO politics please
And above all please be kind and respect others points of view and concerns.

microbiologists view byFlatlander
Science of coronavirus
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/3#blog403867
coronavirus testing by Flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/4#blog405255

information for ashtma sufferers
asthma.org.uk

information for pregnancy
rcog.org.uk

imperial article
imperial.ac.uk
imperial.ac.uk

Government advice gov.uk

advice for those with RA and autoinmmune diseases
nras.org.uk

diabetes advice
diabetes.org.uk

explaination of the maths of the growth of the epidemic
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kas0tIxDvrg&fbclid=IwAR3exg0rG_Bz3gPqjXY3rcFajqVSk-cOK5lQGVkYcuzoMOdNEp7VTgH-Kac&app=desktop

tips to help you cope
drive.google.com

Advice to stay at home
assets.publishing.service.gov.uk

planning for and what to do if you are ill
covid-at-home.info
support for self isolates
nhsvolunteerresponders.org.uk

Ft coronavirus tracker
ft.com

A good article about dealing with the feelings of grief that the current situation has given us hbr.org

advice on self isolation for indivuals with symptoms or and their household
gov.uk

seven day rolling averages
ourworldindata.org

A sustainable exit strategy document
institute.global

susceptibility to covid by flatlander
fetcheveryone.com/blog/37839/2020/5#blog406151

bromage article
erinbromage.com

government guidelines 11th may for England(NI, Scotland and Wales linked at the bottom of article)
gov.uk

breathing practice
physiotherapyforbpd.org.uk

lancet articles
thelancet.com

help with mask anxiety
psychologytoday.com

tracker
travellingtabby.com
theguardian.com
video of droplet dispersal
https://youtu.be/DNeYfUTA11s