Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Aug 2021
9:38am, 5 Aug 2021
15,328 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Just checked back to see how MiL is Bazo, glad it’s negative and she’s ok must be a relief.

Great we’re now looking at the 16-17yr olds being vaxed from talking to kids we know the majority are happy to have it although a lot are still younger. That does sound like a lot of extra support & bodies required.
Aug 2021
1:34pm, 5 Aug 2021
10,867 posts
  •  
Girlie
Went out last night to a local carvery pub with a couple of friends. Main post restrictions difference was the service was slower than when it was table service. Otherwise it was as it should be, free movement, no checking in demanded, most not wearing masks, but no judgement from either side of that debate.

Was bemused how the bar/food queue automatically shuffled into distancing without being prompted or ordered to.

We had a lovely evening.
Aug 2021
2:09pm, 5 Aug 2021
9,006 posts
  •  
Meeps
I was invited to do a post vaccine antibody test by the Zoe app and the result has come back negative, anyone know if that's something to be worried about? The email didn't say much.
Aug 2021
2:11pm, 5 Aug 2021
5,225 posts
  •  
icemaiden
Meeps - that's probably the test to see if you had had Covid at some point. If you've been vaccinated it doesn't show in that test, only if you have caught Covid naturally.
Aug 2021
2:13pm, 5 Aug 2021
9,008 posts
  •  
Meeps
This i
Thank you for providing a blood sample for us to test for antibodies following your COVID-19 vaccination.

The laboratory has now tested your sample. Your antibody test was negative.

What are the causes of a negative antibody test result after vaccination?

This test result means that we were unable to detect antibodies to coronavirus in your dried blood spot sample. There are a few reasons this might be.

1. No test is perfect – so it is possible that you have antibodies, but our test failed to detect them. We know that the antibody test is negative in 3.7% of people who have had a proven coronavirus infection.

2. You might have done your fingerprick test a long time after getting the vaccine – so your antibody response might have faded by the time you gave your blood spot sample.

3. You might be taking medicines that suppress the immune system – they could interfere with your body’s ability to mount an antibody response after vaccination.

4. You might have a medical condition that affects the immune system’s ability to respond to vaccination.s what it said...
Aug 2021
2:13pm, 5 Aug 2021
9,009 posts
  •  
Meeps
Sorry xpost there IM
Aug 2021
2:26pm, 5 Aug 2021
31,604 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I just sorted out my covid passport, out of interest rather than amy great need. Easy enough to do.
Aug 2021
2:36pm, 5 Aug 2021
15,329 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Mmm my Zoe app antibody test was for antibodies against infection.

Can you do another one Meeps?
Aug 2021
2:51pm, 5 Aug 2021
2,290 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
I think it would depend on how long ago you were vaccinated Meeps. They should tail off after a while. Also 3.7% false negative rate means 1 in 27 tests comes back negative when it should be positive, so it might be worth retesting.
Aug 2021
2:55pm, 5 Aug 2021
5,226 posts
  •  
icemaiden
If it was only a little spot test, that's different from the finger full they want for the having had covid test.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.