Coronavirus discussion thread

2 lurkers | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
3:36pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,499 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
One of my colleagues is off work following a positive test. This is someone who had to shield last year due to an ongoing condition.
Jul 2021
3:41pm, 19 Jul 2021
21,846 posts
  •  
Rosehip
Oh dear, its a real worry for the vulnerable
MsG
Jul 2021
3:47pm, 19 Jul 2021
1,885 posts
  •  
MsG
That's bad news Velociraptor, I hope they're ok.

Public transport report:
Well, I've just been on the tube, only 50% mask wearing. Of course the woman with a hefty cough wasn't wearing one.

Now on a train, only about 25% mask wearing, and it's crowded as many people (including me) are on a diversion due to problems on the other line.
So I'm sat here sweltering, surrounded by maskless people on an extended commute home. Not in the best of moods.
Jul 2021
3:51pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,242 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
My DiL struggled yesterday in Asda wearing a face mask. She is heavily pregnant and nearly passed out. She needs to go shopping but finding it harder. Two of her pregnant friends have just had CoVid which is also an extra worry.
Jul 2021
4:04pm, 19 Jul 2021
15,219 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That is a worry LG can she opt for deliveries to save her the risk?
Jul 2021
4:08pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,244 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
I have offered as has her mum but maybe I will suggest HD. I think the heat this last weekend didn’t help…we are not used to such temperatures this far up the country lol.

Just seen scenes on the news from a nightclub down in England which did a countdown to this morning- it was ram packed 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️😡😡😡
Jul 2021
4:12pm, 19 Jul 2021
4,755 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Click and collect might be another option LG? Has she been vaccinated? Whilst I don't like to use them outside of work (where we have to) the disposable masks are more comfortable so she might like to try those?

V'rap - any idea if your colleague caught it at work or elsewhere? Hope they don't get too ill and make a quick recovery.
Jul 2021
4:14pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,245 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
LMH, she isn’t taking the vaccine till after the baby is born. Both of these I will say to her. My son is good and does the shopping when he is at home but he is away for another 2 weeks yet.
Jul 2021
4:16pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,501 posts
  •  
Velociraptor
I don't know where she caught it, LMH, but she had a lovely few days away in London the weekend before last.
Jul 2021
4:20pm, 19 Jul 2021
396 posts
  •  
fuzzyduck79
Went to a National Trust property today, mildly surprised that all staff in the cafe had no masks on. Fair enough it's their choice, but if they all get sick or pinged then they would have to isolate. Some customers might swerve using the cafe too. 80% of customers wearing masks until they got outside, or sat down inside.

Not sure I ever thought I'd be avoiding NT cafes on the grounds the staff were slightly too reckless for my taste 😂

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.