Coronavirus discussion thread

1 lurker | 136 watchers
Jul 2021
4:21pm, 19 Jul 2021
4,756 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Definitely a coincidence I'm sure V'rap.

LG - I'm sure she's done her research but we are encouraging pregnant women to have the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine as there's a lot of evidence to support its safety and catching Covid in late pregnancy can be quite bad if oxygen levels drop for mum.
Jul 2021
4:26pm, 19 Jul 2021
15,129 posts
  •  
larkim
(Thanks LMH - yes, youngster just has some ligament damage in the end. But having previously delayed going to A&E with what later turned out to be breaks or green stick fractures we're now more tuned in to turning up and getting it looked after! A cast would have been a pain in the rear for upcoming holidays!)
Jul 2021
4:47pm, 19 Jul 2021
1,988 posts
  •  
Roberto
I saw that night club clip as well LipGloss. Interestingly that before the countdown it was already rammed, no masks and no distancing, and after the countdown they released some confetti and continued as it was. So, surely it should have been open to do a countdown if following the law and nightclubs not being open?

Been to asda and expected to be in a minority wearing a mask but it was the other way round. And actually, it was mainly staff not wearing masks and most customers still had them on.
Jul 2021
4:48pm, 19 Jul 2021
1,989 posts
  •  
Roberto
*Shouldnt have been open
Jul 2021
4:56pm, 19 Jul 2021
15,221 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Thoughts from you guys with kids?

facebook.com
Jul 2021
5:02pm, 19 Jul 2021
53,246 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yeah Roberto that was my initial thought…why were they allowed to be in and open before midnight?
Jul 2021
5:39pm, 19 Jul 2021
15,222 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That bit will be just brushed over… same as the blatant disregard of rules in bars shown on TV during the Euros.

And now from September to get in a night club you have to prove you’re double jabbed… I bet that happens religiously! And no sharing of vaccine info to get a ‘pass’
Jul 2021
6:35pm, 19 Jul 2021
48,526 posts
  •  
LindsD
I was also on the tube today (3 x) and two trains and mask wearing was pretty much 100% apart from people who had exemption lanyards.
Jul 2021
6:50pm, 19 Jul 2021
2,501 posts
  •  
JRitchie
My daughter in Glasgow has Covid. Day5 and fluey. She travels by train for work to Perth and a problem on the journey back last week meant her journey took 4x longer. Her carriage was the only one where mobile signal could be received so folk coming on and out during the stoppage. She is pretty sure that’s where she picked it up.
Jul 2021
6:53pm, 19 Jul 2021
2,502 posts
  •  
JRitchie
Drive up the M6 today most folk using the motorway services I was at were wearing masks. Listened to the “more or less” on R4. Interesting science comment/discussion on the uncertainty and balance between opening up now or waiting until autumn. No clear answer as to which is more risky. Any decision is going to have consequences for not just what happens now but also for the impact of more of less problems later on.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.