Ocelot Spleens
Outside makes a HUGE difference.
MsG
Jul 2021
8:33pm, 19 Jul 2021
1,886 posts
  •  
MsG
I got the duff bit of the tube then :-( my third train of the afternoon was a bit better but I was more interested that there was air con finally!
The early morning train was very well behaved still.
Jul 2021
10:46pm, 19 Jul 2021
48,536 posts
  •  
LindsD
Sorry :(
Jul 2021
11:22pm, 19 Jul 2021
25,460 posts
  •  
Johnny Blaze
"On 13 October, with Covid deaths having risen to more than 100 a day, Labour leader Sir Keir Starmer called for a "circuit-breaker" lockdown of two to three weeks, but the government decided against this.

In a WhatsApp message sent on 15 October, shared with the BBC, Mr Johnson appears to have described himself as "slightly rocked by some of the data on Covid fatalities".

The "median age" for those dying was between 81 and 82 for men and 85 for women, the prime minister allegedly wrote, adding: "That is above life expectancy. So get Covid and Live longer.

"Hardly anyone under 60 goes into hospital... and of those virtually all survive. And I no longer buy all this NHS overwhelmed stuff. Folks I think we may need to recalibrate... There are max 3m in this country aged over 80."

He reportedly went on to write: "It shows we don't go for nationwide lockdown."

But the prime minister announced a four-week lockdown for England on 31 October, saying this was needed to protect the NHS as figures suggested deaths could reach "several thousand a day" without "tough action"."

From the BBC website. He has never cared - only inasmuch as it may keep him in his job for a day longer.
Jul 2021
6:36am, 20 Jul 2021
4,758 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
I hope she recovers well JR.

If it's true it's appalling JB but I'm not sure I believe a word that comes out of Cummings mouth.
Jul 2021
7:29am, 20 Jul 2021
15,225 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I did t watch it but caught some of it. It’s no food whistleblowing after the effect if all he says is true they should have stood up to BJ at the time. A leak of that alleged conversion at the time could have changed things but it can’t now, now it just damages abJs reputation and makes him look like the victim.

I can’t believe a word out of any of them and with our media playing dangerous games too we have no way of getting any truths.
Jul 2021
8:34am, 20 Jul 2021
2,801 posts
  •  
B Rubble
Is this really true:

Boris: "Right I'm off to see the Queen"
Cummings: "But you might give her COVID and she could die."
Boris: "But I go to see her every Wednesday."
Cummings: "What would all of the Mail reading pensioners think if you killed the Queen?"
Boris: "Oh... err... um... I suppose I better hadn't go then Dom."
Jul 2021
8:35am, 20 Jul 2021
2,802 posts
  •  
B Rubble
Sorry, should have been on the Politics thread.

About This Thread

Maintained by sallykate
Discussion of coronavirus: share useful information, air your frustrations but play nicely!

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.