1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
11:27am, 29 Jul 2023
6,185 posts
  •  
steve45
Glad all's well for you gg. How far will you run to the finish of that London to Newcastle?
What a nuisance again Mrsb, hope you get things sorted out soon.
Great initial years hill training hs..and with the weight of newspapers too! I recall the sound of the paperboy( no paper girls in my younger days) delivering the early morning papers and comics, Boys Own Paper ( no worries about gender obvious back then)and the NME and Melody Maker at around 6.30am !! Well completed Farmer's Walk done again.
Looks like I'll complete my highest monthly mileage for 9 months by the end of the weekend! Not back in the same league as everyone here....yet!!
Jul 2023
12:19pm, 29 Jul 2023
12,119 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sundays were the worst delivery days Steve, as the "posh" papers had colour supplements.

Things are looking more positive now with your increasing mileage.

I ran my quickest parkrun for 6 weeks this morning in 29.00 minutes, a WAVA of 67.82%
Jul 2023
12:19pm, 29 Jul 2023
12,120 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Jul 2023
1:15pm, 29 Jul 2023
20,779 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Huge well done hs and great pic. I think your early conditioning stood you in good stead.

I should be doing about 12m tomorrow but depends if I get the train or bus home and we have a family friend in the RVI hospital which is where Ian is heading so if his run finishes there I’ll go and see Pat, if it goes all the way to the marked stop of Jesmond I may do that then head back to hospital. I’m pretty much writing the day off to doing this.

I am hoping to get a couple of miles in today but yesterday I met a friend for a walk & coffee then went to a retirement do before going to my cousins so the housework was severely neglected so need to prioritise getting sorted. Just made pizza dough for tonight’s pizza night and been to see my nephew for his birthday - it never stops does it?
Jul 2023
9:38am, 30 Jul 2023
6,187 posts
  •  
steve45
Whata good park run hs , best for six weeks shows the "curve" remains positive! Nice pic of your tribe. "Posh papers" have been replaced by having the fastest broadband now😂. Don't see any paper delivery girls or boys now although I do see who must be newsagent owners delivering papers to a meagre few houses.
My chest was "burning" far too early on during my 2 miler but I want to eclipse my monthly best so if course, carried on.
Hope the run goes well gg and the pizza went down well!
Jul 2023
11:50am, 30 Jul 2023
12,134 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG!

I hope you managed to run your 12 miles today, and enjoyed last night's pizza 🍕 night.

Thanks Steve, I was really pleased with the parkrun, and feel that my fitness is improving.

I have seen the occasional newspaper delivery person, which does bring back memories.

Sorry to hear that your chest was "burning" during this mornings 2 miles run, so do be careful not to overdo it to meet your targets.

I ran a hilly 10k on roads this morning with two friends, neither of whom were in yesterday's parkrun or photo. I extended it by running round the block, to get 30 miles for the week.
Jul 2023
12:55pm, 30 Jul 2023
9,566 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Hope the pizza went down well GG and the run goes well for everyone today.
Come on Steve you're old enough to know better but also old enough to be a stubborn sod I suppose 😂
That's 2 days on the trot hillstrider with another tomorrow with the Monday group, you be careful.
A fraction over 16 this morning, quite windy but pleasant.
Jul 2023
1:19pm, 30 Jul 2023
9,568 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
After uploading my run I've been awarded a new badge

Jul 2023
2:55pm, 30 Jul 2023
12,138 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, I will be careful. Tomorrow's run with the Monday Group will be easy pace, and shorter than the last 3 Mondays. One of our team is running in the GNR on 10th September, and I'm doing the Club's Solent Half Marathon on 1st October.

Well done for this mornings 16+ run, and congratulations for your new badge.
Jul 2023
4:39pm, 30 Jul 2023
20,790 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Pizza was great my dough is getting better. Good fuelling for today I ended off with 15.5m with a longer route to start and running so far back. Great day I’ve blogged about it.

Be sensible and careful Steve better to be slower and keep going than risk injury or making yourself ill

Great running as always FF & hs

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000