3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
10:34pm, 30 Jul 2023
4,212 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Nice badge FF!

Thanks for the kind comments about my blooming hamstring/back - if I didn’t have Berlin looming I’d not be too bothered.

Did make a discovery today - was due to run 15 miles, so got up early, warmed up and set off. Worst run in ages, gave up after 10 miles, came back to hotel, showered had breakfast and got on with my day… about 2pm after walking around all day I went out and did the missing 5 miles - much less painful hamstring because my back was much more relaxed.
Jul 2023
8:49am, 31 Jul 2023
6,189 posts
  •  
steve45
Good discovery and outcome Mrsb, hope that the issue calms down and you can ease comfortably towards Berlin.
Well I have done a good month for me. 56 miles and best month since last November. I can't believe I was knocking out 100 a month for years up until then; I guess there's a chance I'll remain stuck where I am☹️😂. Too bad! Enjoyed a jaunt in the drizzle of 1.5 miles this morning.
Jul 2023
10:22am, 31 Jul 2023
20,792 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done on the 56, try not to compare where you once were but celebrate where you are now compared to recent months.

Hope the new discovery helps with your hamstrings/back and you can use this to help your recovery and running MrsB
Jul 2023
11:56am, 31 Jul 2023
3,541 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Signing off the month on 87 which is my best this year.
Good luck with your back and Berlin mrs b.
Great parkrun HS. I enjoyed my Bushy Pilgrimage. Congrats on the badge FF.
Nice running GG.
Well done Steve onwards and upwards.

Sorry If I’ve missed anyone 😀
Jul 2023
12:32pm, 31 Jul 2023
12,147 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That worked out well MrsB, 15 miles in two chunks.

Well done Steve for your 56 miles. That's more than most people ever do. Your background statistics over all distances are superior to most current runners. I've looked back over statistics where there were 50 or more runners under the hour in 10 mile races!

Well done LL for your highest monthly mileage of the year. I'm glad that you enjoyed the Bushey Pilgrimage.

I ran 9.26 miles in the forest this morning with the Monday Group. My mileage last week was 30.I which I'm pleased with.
Aug 2023
1:21pm, 1 Aug 2023
6,191 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks for all your encouraging words. I know what you say is so right gg and I constantly try to live with current distances and pace.

Yeah hs, I suppose 56 is more than Joe and Joanne blogs so I'm happy with that.
What a great week, 30.1 and very decent 9.26 miles in the forest. I think I would have stopped at a perfect 9.25!!!
Great total for July LL and your best monthly this year.
Kicked off August with a nice 5k on a sunshiny early morning....storms due tomorrow. At least I'll have a green tick for a day😂. After that I spent two hours over two miles cutting back brambles overgrown on part of one of our trail routes. Lots of "well done" comments by passing runners and walkers who must think I'm a council worker! I noted that the blackberry crop is fabulous this year so after the next due rains it will be picking time.
Aug 2023
3:27pm, 1 Aug 2023
12,159 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, my best week for a while.

Well done for a 5k on the first day of the month.

Another well done from me, for your 2 miles of bramble cutting.

Just the usual Tuesday Farmer's Walk this morning.
Aug 2023
5:07pm, 1 Aug 2023
20,803 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
You know I love fetchies anyway but the support and encouragement on here is 2nd to none.

Brilliant running LL hopefully you continue to enjoy what you're up too.

Great start to August steve and hs esp clearing the trail routes steve, we had to abort part of the planned section on Sunday as the public footpath is now pretty much inaccessible.

And brain is blown 10m in under 1hr.... I am happy if I manage 6 in an hour!!

I had heavy legs and a very tired body yesterday, but to finish my month I went out and rounded up to 105. I then had a post office delivery to sort today so I ran there and the long way back a huge total of 2.6m but today was going to be a day off. I have also done workout 4 from my strength programme so week 2 is in progress.
Aug 2023
9:49pm, 1 Aug 2023
3,544 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done GG. What strength programme are you doing? I really need to do this. 4 miles for me started this month.
Aug 2023
8:40am, 2 Aug 2023
20,808 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am subscribed to Julia Buckley Fitness she has so many programmes mostly all suitable for beginners in currently doing 30 Day Reset but doing 2-3 per week not the 5 as I run too much to do them all.

juliabuckleyfitness.com

You get 7 days free access and her Facebook group has free workouts on too - there’s a link on the website.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000