1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Jul 2023
9:59am, 27 Jul 2023
20,769 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hospital appointment this morning so I’m running there and back not the training run I had on schedule but I’ll do that tomorrow.

Hoping the rain stays off it was torrential 20min ago.
Jul 2023
10:00am, 27 Jul 2023
20,770 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done on the 50 Steve!

Hope the rain holds off for you too FF
Jul 2023
10:36am, 27 Jul 2023
12,099 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope the hospital appointment goes ok GG. It's good that you can run to and from the hospital, without having to drive or use public transport.

I ran in the dry this morning, but rain is expected. I ran a solo 4.I. mile recovery road run, but pushed on the hills.
Jul 2023
11:39am, 27 Jul 2023
20,771 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am lucky it’s close to home and it does make me appreciate my health when I can make my own way by foot to an appointment
Jul 2023
2:15pm, 27 Jul 2023
9,545 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
7 miles ran, 5 comfortably, 1 slightly quicker as I said I'd be home for 11 as usual and 1 quicker still but in the rain that started. Serves me right for Fetching before I go out for a run, or serves me right for not being home on time 😂😂
It was a pleasant wet mile though because it was warm.
Jul 2023
3:41pm, 27 Jul 2023
3,318 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Good running everyone. Well done Steve for your longer run/walk. Love a hill reps run HS.

Hope everything went well at the hospital GG.

All the best with the marathon training LL.

Is anyone else fed up of the weather? It's really been all over the place for ages. I got soaked on Tuesday nights run and this morning was lovely although a little warm. Forecast for rain over the weekend.
Jul 2023
10:24pm, 27 Jul 2023
4,211 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
GG hope the hospital appointment was ok.

Think I need a few more visits to sort my back/hamstring issue as, despite being much better the morning after my last physio visit, it is painful again after running today.
Jul 2023
1:09am, 28 Jul 2023
9,548 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh no Mrsbridgewater I hope you manage to get sorted out soon.

I hope you got on ok at the hospital yesterday geordiegirl

The weather is very unpredictable at the moment Lesley C and I'm looking forward to some stability of nicer weather soon 🤞
Jul 2023
7:35am, 28 Jul 2023
20,773 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Mrsbridgewater my ohysio does webinars on various topics might be something of use/interest there’s one on sciatica that covers back issues (not saying that’s where you are) and accelerated recovery.

m.facebook.com

Thanks for the messages it was just regular screening but fingers crossed all is ok

Meeting a friend today and have a lot of jobs to do so I may have a run rest day. I’ve got a longer run planned Sunday with a chap who is running London to Newcastle aiming to run him to the finish.

Here’s hoping the weather picks up soon I’m sick of the rain and unpredictability
Jul 2023
9:55am, 28 Jul 2023
12,109 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I hope you soon get your back/hamstring issues sorted out MrsB.

I'm glad that you like hill reps runs Lesley. I love hills, hence my username. I think it started when I was about 12 and doing a newspaper round. I had to cycle up a very steep hill, on a gearless trade bike, with panniers each side full of papers. It must have strengthened my legs, and made me relish challenges.

A running rest day today, with just the usual Friday Farmers Walk. It's a sunny morning, but rain on the way over the weekend.

I'm watching the England/Denmark match now.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000