Looby Loo
The Great Welsh on St Patrick’s day 😆
Jul 2023
11:29am, 26 Jul 2023
12,083 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sounds exciting LL, best of luck!!

A hill reps session this morning with the Wednesday Crew. 5 reps with a recovery loop between each. Total mileage 4.9 miles (sorry) including warm up and warm down.
3M
Jul 2023
1:47pm, 26 Jul 2023
21,714 posts
  •  
3M
Welsh Irish, LL? :-)
Jul 2023
2:21pm, 26 Jul 2023
6,181 posts
  •  
steve45
5.2 miles this morning was my best outing for eight weeks, coincidentally the same distance as your short run FF! Still having to run walk and no sign of appointment at the thoracic clinic. I will notch 50 miles this month which will be my highest month so far this year. Can't believe I was doing 100 a month for most of the last decade or more and up until last October.
Total commitment in your training programme as usual hs, great stuff (but ugh to the 0.9!!). I only tried kilometres for a couple of weeks and slipped back to miles.
Jul 2023
2:56pm, 26 Jul 2023
12,088 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That was good Steve, your best outing for eight weeks, showing signs of improvement.

I hope that you won't have to wait much longer for your appointment with the thoracic clinic. My sister has to wait until November for her appointment for treatment to a growth on the side of her nose☹
Jul 2023
6:09pm, 26 Jul 2023
4,210 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Enjoy your trip to Bushy LL! I've done it a couple of times - it is nice and flat. And I hope the marathon training goes well.

I walked into the physio yesterday saying 'there is good news and bad news, the good news is that when I am still my hamstring doesn't hurt.' Physio worked out that it was my back that was causing the problem - he didn't touch my hamstring at all but worked on my back. Today my hamstring is much less painful! Go figure!
Jul 2023
10:14pm, 26 Jul 2023
3,537 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done Steve that’s a result. I also got another 5 under my belt in torrential rain. I actually enjoyed it lots.
Good news on the hamstring Mrs b.
Well done in the hill reps HS.
Thanks for the well wishes and the confidence you have in me 🤣
Jul 2023
11:08pm, 26 Jul 2023
20,768 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
That’s a great run Steve! Fingers crossed for your appointment.

Well done on a torrential rain run LL hopefully summer returns soon

MrsB years ago I had a very painful calf. It honestly felt like the physio was slicing through the muscle with a blunt knife he assured me he was barely touching it. He tracked the pain my my leg and onto my back, released the issue in my back returned to the calf - no pain!
Jul 2023
9:28am, 27 Jul 2023
6,183 posts
  •  
steve45
Glad your hamstring is much better Mrsb. Backs! Ugh! Three decades ago a terrible pain in the back of my leg eventually was found to be caused by two prolapsing discs; the delay resulted in my permanent slight disability and change in running ability.
Five miles in torrential rain sounds good LL and you enjoyed it. That's what it's all about. (Don't think FF would have!).
I hit 50 for the month! My run walk though for just over two miles (in heavy drizzle!) in my zone 2 was so hard on my chest and I think zone 3 might be almost impossible. I'll give it a try as I grumble on😂
Jul 2023
9:41am, 27 Jul 2023
9,542 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Enjoy the marathon journey Looby Loo. A good 5 miles in the rain, well done.

Another good session yesterday hillstrider
5.2 miles is good to see from you steve45
I hope there's further improvement with your hamstring Mrsbridgewater
Continuing with steady miles geordiegirl, well done.

I knew the rain was coming in last night but still cycled to work and had to cycle home in the steady downpour. steve45 I quite enjoyed the journey home despite the rain but it is summer and not freezing cold.

Time to get myself out of the door now for a run, I hope it's stopped raining :-p

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000