1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Apr 2023
7:17pm, 24 Apr 2023
20,270 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I really could do work something else in the calendar. I almost signed up to a 30m LDWA but it’s a weekend we’ll be away - still threatening to run from St Ives to Cambridge not quite made it all the way yet.
Apr 2023
7:24pm, 24 Apr 2023
3,243 posts
  •  
Lesley C
It's a local half GG, it's called the Garioch half. I also have another local one in July in Stonehaven. That's all I have at the moment.
Apr 2023
7:34am, 25 Apr 2023
11,032 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG and Lesley, I was relieved to have no after effects from my Covid jab, so was able to run the next morning.

There were 6 of us having lunch in the afternoon, and it's always good to see each other "in our civvies," rather than running kit.

My next race is the Exbury 10k on 25th June, and the Lordshill 10k the following Sunday. I'm not sure that that is a good idea 🤔
Apr 2023
8:06am, 25 Apr 2023
20,277 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’m impressed your recognised each other hs! But lovely that you had a social meet up too.

I’ve not got anything in now until October - although just picked up The Outdoors magazine from the airport so currently thinking I should push out my comfort zone and do something as a practice for WHW (whenever that will be now)
Apr 2023
9:12am, 25 Apr 2023
6,060 posts
  •  
steve45
Impressive 8.54 miles(Arghhh..8.6 would have been nicer!) and good that no post covid jab issues.
Yeah a good sales attempt getting people to believe new trainers need new socks gg. Rubbish idea! So you're having that bunion checked soon?

Excellent 12 miler in prep for your halfM Lesley and what has seemed to be a well considered training plan for it .
My Hokas! Well the pair which seemed to have caused the problem have done 980 miles and foolishly the insoles I put in to replace my orthotics were not Hoka ones but Saucony ones. I threw the Hoka ones out a long time ago. I'd only run in them with my orthotics inserted FF ; hip was ok today wearing a pair of Saucony.
Just two miles on a glorious but chilly sunny morning. Quite obvious now that 1000 will not be reached this year but although disappointed about that I'm pleased with experimenting and seeing just how far I can improve.
Apr 2023
10:21am, 25 Apr 2023
11,035 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, it was difficult 🤣

Apologies Steve for not rounding up☹️

I've never heard such a ridiculous statement that new trainers need new socks.

Well done for your 2 miles. I lost my green tick several weeks ago, but am still ahead of the line

No running today on such a lovely sunny morning (typical,) but the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
Apr 2023
11:38am, 25 Apr 2023
8,857 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Intermittent sunshine while on my run but a cold wind. I ran my April virtual mile this morning, taking my own advice and running to a slight discomfort. Pleased with the 6.29 I managed and hope to improve on. 6.5 miles all told.

Steve it's perhaps worth running in shoes you can without the orthotics and see how it goes, then try with the orthotics.

A busy day yesterday with the running group hillstrider and well done on your farmers walk today.
Apr 2023
1:42pm, 25 Apr 2023
11,040 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for your 6.5 miles, including a virtual mile in 6.29. That is very impressive!

I was very tired yesterday after the morning run, and a 1.3 miles walk each way to the village for lunch, which included a couple of pints 🍻
Apr 2023
4:45pm, 25 Apr 2023
6,062 posts
  •  
steve45
A good idea/test FF , yes, I'll try that.
Wow and phew to that zippy virtual mile. Well run .
Apr 2023
9:21pm, 25 Apr 2023
20,283 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I went out after work I’m in a different hotel and closer to the canal and some woodland trails I had the best run. I did 6.3 and around 1.5m thought my pace was ok so pushed on for a virtual mile. 9.28 which is slower than others so far this year but I’ve never ran this long of a streak so I am happy with that. If I’d get a faster one I will do but we’ll see.

6.29 is mind blowing well done FF

Nice running and walking day hs

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000