1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Apr 2023
3:54pm, 23 Apr 2023
8,841 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
😯 I am 9.5 in Saucony and Mizuno or a 10 if an American company like Hoka.
Apr 2023
5:52pm, 23 Apr 2023
11,021 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks all for your kind comments on yesterday's parkrun.

If I run tomorrow FF, I will take it easy.

You've certainly got an eye for bargains GG.

I was tempted to have a couple of glasses of 🍷🍷with my dinner, but thought it wasn't a good idea after the covid jab.
Apr 2023
9:39am, 24 Apr 2023
6,058 posts
  •  
steve45
What a fabulous park run on Saturday hs, and a high WAVA as a bonus.

Bargains look great gg, twenty quid for anything to do with running kit let alone trainers is magnificent! My socks cost £24!! Ok, they're toe Injinji but heck, they're only socks!

I'm 8.5 in Saucony and Hoka and a popular sizing so imagine I'd be unlikely to find bargains. Talking of which I wore my Hokas again today and my b***** hip started hurting again. I think the additional cushioning creates a less stable foot fall for me.
What a superb women's London Marathon finish yesterday and shows what patience and trusting in ability does for elites.
Apr 2023
12:12pm, 24 Apr 2023
11,026 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it was one of those days when everything seemed to come together.

Sorry to hear that your hip has started hurting again.

I agree about the London Marathon, a superb demonstration of high quality. A shame Eilish was unable to run, as I think she could have made the top 5.

This morning was a wet, muddy, hilly forest run with the Sarah's. We ran 8.54 miles, my furthest for some time.
Thankfully, I didn't seem to have any after effects from yesterday's Covid booster jab, and really enjoyed the run.

We are going for lunch in the village shortly, with some other club mates.
Apr 2023
12:26pm, 24 Apr 2023
8,849 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Steve have you ran in your Hoka's before without your insoles? It's worth considering not wearing them for a while and then trying again to see if it's the shoes.

Great running as always hillstrider and it's good you've had no side effects from the booster.
Apr 2023
12:34pm, 24 Apr 2023
11,028 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF.
Apr 2023
2:03pm, 24 Apr 2023
20,268 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My friend bought socks yesterday apparently she was once told to always buy new socks with new trainers so they both bed in together - I think that was top up selling!

Sorry your new Hokas are causing problems is it worth wearing them to walk in initially?

Great running and glad no after Covid jab effects hs

And I also have to agree Sifan was phenomenal yesterday from the commentary saying she may have to pull out and her being so far back to not only catch them, offer drinks to other runners, stop to stretch she had a storming finish. Definitely one to watch. Although I was gutted Elish was out the race I hope she quickly recovers.
Apr 2023
3:47pm, 24 Apr 2023
3,242 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done FF and HS on your parkrun times. Good to see you have no ill effects after your Jab HS.

Good bargain hunting GG. We don't have any outlets up this way, nearest is Livingston, about 3 hours away.

Sorry to hear about your hip Steve, hopefully it's not too serious this time.

I didn't get to watch any of the marathon yesterday, but it was amazing to hear about Hassan and how see managed to come back after stopping.

I did 12 miles on Saturday and also Parkrun, it was slower than last week but I was chatting to our Ambassador on the way round. I did get out Tuesday and Thursday last week too. Weather was lovely - but it changed again yesterday, back to cold and rain.

2 weeks on Sunday I have a race, first one since 2018.
Apr 2023
4:11pm, 24 Apr 2023
20,269 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
How exciting Lesley what race are you doing?

Nice 12m run and chatty parkrunning
Apr 2023
6:32pm, 24 Apr 2023
8,851 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Pleased you're managing to get out for a run regularly Lesley. The weather changes frequently, no wonder people get colds.

I entered a race last week for June but it's the only one I have booked for this year.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000