steve45
I did another FF today and weights/stretches instead 😂
Apr 2023
3:22pm, 14 Apr 2023
8,744 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I did another FF today and weights/stretches instead 😂

Hey not today Steve. I really enjoyed today's run. Just breezy and no rain.
Apr 2023
4:39pm, 14 Apr 2023
3,235 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Some great running this week everyone 🙂. Looks like the weather might improve a bit next week, certainly it is up here.

I did some intervals on Tuesday and some hills yesterday. I was really pleased with my hill workout, it's a long hill and I ran it 3 times. Weights and a row this morning for me. Long run and parkrun tomorrow.

Jordan sounds exciting GG.

Good news on the health check HS.

Good luck Mrs B!

Enjoy your weekend everyone 🙂.
Apr 2023
12:08pm, 15 Apr 2023
6,040 posts
  •  
steve45
Yeah, that was great FF and now I'm waiting for that kind of FF run myself!
Hills, intervals , rower and weights --that's a fine set of workouts you've done this week.
New trainers were perfect today, pity the run was not! However did manage 3.6 miles in ...wait for it...sunshine!
After my run I thought I'd try taking out my prescribed orthotics and see what the shoes felt like with the footbeds provided. I was able to do a relatively bouncy jog for a short while and my hip pain which has bothered me for two years didn't start up! I'm going to try a proper distance tomorrow and check it out, maybe my orthotics are not right..or.....
Apr 2023
12:09pm, 15 Apr 2023
6,041 posts
  •  
steve45
I was referring to your workouts above Lesley!
Apr 2023
12:15pm, 15 Apr 2023
3,340 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Went to a new parkrun today and got my first sub 30 this year so well pleased
Especially as hadn’t ran much this week due to having the grandchildren.
Apr 2023
1:08pm, 15 Apr 2023
8,749 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done LL

Steve when was the last time you were checked for orthotics? If quite a while things could possibly have changed and you may need a different fit now.

A parkrun sandwich for me this morning adding another 7.5 miles. My result this morning was 22.08. Quite pleased after yesterday's 13.4 miles.
Apr 2023
2:11pm, 15 Apr 2023
3,342 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Thanks FF well done to you too great time.
Apr 2023
2:39pm, 15 Apr 2023
10,941 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I was pleased Steve that my tests were all ok, and I have played my part in the "Our Future Health" programme.

Good that your new trainers were good and that you ran 3.6 miles in them, in the sunshine 🌞. I hope tomorrow's run, minus the prescribed orthotics, goes pain free.

Well done for the weeks training Lesley, and I hope today's parkrun went well.

Thanks for your kind comment on my Health Check.

Well done LL for your sub 30 minutes on a new parkrun this morning.

Well done FF for sandwiching in another excellent parkrun during your 7.5 miles run, especially the day after your 13.4 miles run.

There were two local parkruns cancelled this morning, due to unsuitable underfoot conditions. Consequently, ours had more runners than usual. Our run was on course B, as the usual course was flooded in places. It is a little bit over distance, but less muddy. I didn't manage to go sub 30 minutes, but my poor excuse is that I started too far back, and was impeded from overtaking slower runners as we had to keep left to avoid being flattened by the speedy runners coming in the opposite direction. I was, however, quite pleased with my 30.23, as I felt better than for some time, and was running relaxed, and within myself.
Apr 2023
4:05pm, 15 Apr 2023
8,752 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
A great result hillstrider if the course is over distance and you weren't able to overtake. Well ran.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000