1000 miles in 2024

7 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Apr 2023
11:03am, 13 Apr 2023
8,732 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I intended running this morning but just cba'd when I got up. Motivation seems to have left me again. I'm not training for anything and going for a run isn't important, the enjoyment is and rain and wind just don't make for an enjoyable run. Maybe tomorrow.
Apr 2023
3:27pm, 13 Apr 2023
10,922 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sounds a bit like you are losing your mojo FF. It's forecast rain all day here in the New Forest region tomorrow, so I hope it will be better in your kneck of the woods.

The "Our Future Health" man doing the health checks on me said that he recognised me. He said that he remembered the interview with me by the ITN News station before the start of the Southampton Marathon several years ago. He must have a good memory 😁. More importantly, I passed all the checks 😃
Apr 2023
3:35pm, 13 Apr 2023
8,735 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I'm pleased your health mot went well hillstrider.
Mojo / motivation, I'm ok it's just the weather I think. If I was marathon training and intending to 'give it my best' which I would if I've paid entry fees then I'd be out training in the poor conditions but not 'just for fun'.
Apr 2023
4:20pm, 13 Apr 2023
3,338 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I’ve not done much this week either as have the grandchildren and can’t get out. Hope to get back in the swing next week.
Good luck to Mrs b this weekend as I believe it’s the Boston Marathon.
Apr 2023
1:42pm, 14 Apr 2023
8,741 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
A really nice run this morning. 13.4 miles with the 13th mile an April virtual mile opportunity and I ran it in 7.06. Quite pleased with that at the end of a run. Breezy but not windy and no rain.
Apr 2023
1:43pm, 14 Apr 2023
8,742 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Oh yes I meant to add good luck to Mrsb too.
Apr 2023
1:48pm, 14 Apr 2023
20,206 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
This cold damp windy weather that we deal with over winter becomes troublesome in spring hopefully as the weather improves so does your mojo FF. I signed myself up to do run the sum to keep me going. Well done on your 13m not back for low mojo! And a speedy mile too. The rest does pay off.

Glad you passed your well man checks hs all the running and farmers walking is paying off.

Hope you’ve enjoyed having the grandkids LL and I’m solute you’ll be back at it soon.

Good luck MrsB
Apr 2023
1:48pm, 14 Apr 2023
10,935 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF. I find having targets does give me the incentive to keep running. I always said when I was much younger, that I wouldn't just plod along when I was older, and would need to still have a purpose.

No running today, just the usual Friday Farmers Walk.
Apr 2023
1:57pm, 14 Apr 2023
10,936 posts
  •  
hillstrider
FF and GG out posts crossed!

Great to see that you are running again FF, and what a run, with the final mile in 7.06. I can't even run one mile that fast nowadays!

Thanks GG. Good that you have a new target, which will encourage you to keep going.
Apr 2023
2:19pm, 14 Apr 2023
6,038 posts
  •  
steve45
You passed with flying colours then hs! Great stuff. I also thought I wouldn't bother plodding when that kind of pace fell upon me, but here I am ! My purpose is just to be out there and hearing, seeing, experiencing the environment where I've enjoyed running for forty odd years. Even though it's been tough lately and probably will be from now on! I haven't needed races to keep me motivated since 1990 when my injury stamped its long term boot onto my ability!
Fantastic run there FF. Although I don't need motivation via races I do lose my desire when it's cold and wet; this has been the case as my years have advanced and I don't "do cold" very well! And it doesn't irk me when my wife comes back after double figure miles regardless of the weather!
Yeah, Mrsb is racing on Monday so fingers crossed for a fabulous event for her.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000