1000 miles in 2024

7 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Apr 2023
2:24pm, 12 Apr 2023
10,911 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I sometimes have difficulty identifying more or less identical trainers, as they are all as dirty as each other. I try to line them up, and select each pair in turn. I only have one pair of trail shoes, so they are not a problem

I had a very good interval session in the forest with the Wednesday Group this morning, before the heavy rain and strong winds started. We did 5 x 100 metres with 30 seconds recoveries, 4 x 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries, and 1 x 400 metres. Run out and run back.
3M
Apr 2023
2:37pm, 12 Apr 2023
21,035 posts
  •  
3M
I have gone for a run in shoes from different pairs before now. The same type & style, but different colours! Pretty sure I'd put them on before it was light enough to see.
Apr 2023
2:54pm, 12 Apr 2023
20,199 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I have 2 pairs that are identical, just one is older and dropping to bits. I also had an issue for a number of years that I never changed what shoes I was wearing so they are well out of miles too. I am trying now to change what I wear so I can kind of keep an eye on how well they last more than when the manufacturers suggest I change them.

I did have to laugh at you in odd shoes 3M
Apr 2023
4:25pm, 12 Apr 2023
6,034 posts
  •  
steve45
What another good session hs. You did well to do it before the nasty weather.
The "dropping to bits" principle is, I'm sure, what lots of runners do gg and ok as long as you don't court injury. I've never taken notice of recommend number of miles for shoes whether by manufacturer or others with maybe vested interests!
The "feel" of any new shoes I've had is spoiled to some degree by my prescription orthotics which always replace the ones provided. Even though I've had orthotics for over thirty years I sometimes wonder whether I'd be ok without them and was I/am I the victim of the whims of podiatry! They're an added cost, ideally replaced annually (according to podiatry!) but I stretch them out for two years!
I did another FF today apart from limited opportunity.
Apr 2023
5:28pm, 12 Apr 2023
20,200 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Mine are vibrams there’s no cushioning or support to degrade so it’s larger the fabric of the shoe that goes. I’m using toe armour and superglue currently. My old pair are like my favourite slippers. They may see their retirement after Jordan.

Well done on getting out and very remiss of me hs that was a great session.
Apr 2023
7:39pm, 12 Apr 2023
8,725 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Don't you get into my bad habits Steve.

It's the bounce that goes in my shoes but you don't realise until you try a new pair on.
Apr 2023
9:15pm, 12 Apr 2023
20,201 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
No bounce in vibrams beyond what’s in my feet 😀
Apr 2023
9:12am, 13 Apr 2023
6,035 posts
  •  
steve45
Any ounce that's noticeable in new shoes is reduced or "removed" when I put in my orthotics.
I'm not sure whether the FF habit is bad or good😂 These days it seems good!!
Yeah, ok gg.... you've got a helluva bounce on those soles😂!!
According to the ShooGoo label/instructions it indicates it's good for general/fabric repair too so it might be good for your vibrams.
Four miles in fair weather at last! Sadly, no bounce but at least I was out.
Apr 2023
9:13am, 13 Apr 2023
6,036 posts
  •  
steve45
Tut...of course I meant "any bounce"
Apr 2023
10:39am, 13 Apr 2023
10,920 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I'm just killing time at the moment drinking a coffee in Costas in Southampton, as I have my appointment later for my NHS health check. I was selected under the scheme for 18 and upwards, which I think will include about 6 million people. Needless to say, I'm not running today.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000