1000 miles in 2024

8 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Apr 2023
9:47am, 7 Apr 2023
3,228 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Glad to hear FF and HS are feeling better. Looks like there have been some great sessions going on. The bus pass will likely be gone by the time I reach 60, only 21.5 years to go 🫢.

I don't mind the cold Steve as long as it's sunny 😎. Good to see you getting some miles in.

Sorry it's been a busy week, and not been able to post much.

Not sure how long my hokas will last, about 250 miles in them and the sole is quite worn - obviously where I land. Will see.

I did go to club on Tuesday for some hilly loops and did 5x 1k reps in the rain early yesterday morning. Hoping to get 10 miles tomorrow.

Enjoy the boat GG and hope you all have a nice weekend.
Apr 2023
2:43pm, 7 Apr 2023
10,862 posts
  •  
hillstrider
New shoes on the way Steve, that should put a spring in your step. Well done for this mornings 3.3 miles.

Well done for yesterday's 5 miles GG. I note that you have also ordered new kit.

You might not recognise Southampton nowadays. Some of the big name stores have closed. There are still the homeless sleeping in the doorways though.

Good luck with the boat.

FF, seems like you are also getting new trainers, albeit with 2 miles "in the bank."

Thanks Lesley, I'm feeling much better today, and hopefully the cold is on its way out 😃
Well done for your 5 x 1k reps. That is a tough session.

This mornings Farmers Walk was the heaviest yet! It must have shown, as 2 people asked if I needed any help. I politely declined, explaining that it was my twice weekly Farmers Walk. They probably thought that I was crazy 🥴
I must also order another pair of trainers, as my second pair has done about 550 miles, and I like to alternate them.
Apr 2023
4:01pm, 7 Apr 2023
3,331 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done everyone. I have about 6 pairs I rotate. I can’t help buying when on sale.
An easy 5k for me today felt good.

Have a lovely Easter all.
Apr 2023
11:48am, 8 Apr 2023
8,700 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Good morning all. A parkrun sandwich this morning for 8.4 miles in total. A nice steady run today starting at the very back. I seem to have blocked sinuses now having felt much better last weekend and still can't clear my chest. Breathing is fine though.
Apr 2023
12:25pm, 8 Apr 2023
20,174 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Morning all and happy Easter weekend.

We arrived late Thursday and it’s just blissful the weather is being very kind although river still fast flowing and on the high side so staying in the marina which is very peaceful. Starting day with tea and chocolate then a run followed by a walk and a couple of beers. The poor dog walked 7m yesterday so 2 beer stops needed.

This is the thing with trainers and it’s an expensive hobby finding ones that work for you. Hope they don’t return the PF FF keep an eye on it.

My vibrams must have more than 1000m on (I went through a long phase of not updating what I was wearing) and I’ve got some inov8 that are so old and have holes in them (in usual inov8 spot) but they are still comfortable so still get worn - but no grip left. I might pop them to the cobbler vibram recommended to put new soles on.

Hope you have a quieter weekend Lesley always good to hear from you.

Keep on keeping on Steve. Hope all is well LL
Apr 2023
2:29pm, 8 Apr 2023
10,873 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Happy Easter everyone, and let's hope that this year is better than previous years. 😊

A lovely sunny morning, but I didn't do my usual parkrun, as the organisers had advised that it would probably be cancelled through lack of marshalls etc. As it happened, it went ahead, but I wasn't notified. Instead, I ran a solo forest 5k on one of the earliest Covid 5k virtual courses. It was much wetter and muddier than expected, so I was glad that I had decided to wear my trail shoes. I was very pleased with my 29.43, considering the muddy conditions.
Apr 2023
10:21am, 9 Apr 2023
6,028 posts
  •  
steve45
Easter Greetings everyone!
Hope you got your ten miler in after your rep session Lesley. Good to see you're upping the miles now . Heck, 250 miles isn't much in those Hokas; my relatively new Clifton 8 have done about 400 but need shoe goo on one heel and I reckon I'll squeeze 750 out of them.
Not my favourite shoes though.
Thoughtful folk still to be found then hs! You must have looked seriously weighed down on that Farmer's Walk. I wonder how far anyone else could have walked with your bags! That's an impressive 5k in muddy conditions yesterday.
Glad the weather has been kind for you gg. Good walk distance done there too.
Yeah, finding shoes that suit is expensive and as we've said here before the constant changing and upgrading (?!?!!) of them can be a nuisance too. I was lucky to get a pair of Saucony Ride 14 which are two seasons old with the new ones Ride 16 being sold at £70 more!!
3 .6 miles early-ish this morning was unbelievably quiet. There seem to be a lot less people running around here lately. Yes gg, I'm patiently keeping on but no progress really. Yet.
Apr 2023
10:22am, 9 Apr 2023
6,029 posts
  •  
steve45
And I've lost my green tick😂
Apr 2023
11:29am, 9 Apr 2023
3,334 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I marshalled junior parkrun this morning and turned a 4 mile run home into a 7.5 more scenic route. Lovely day for it but found it harder than it should have been.
Hope everybody having a lovely weekend.
Well done Steve it was quiet here too!
Apr 2023
1:24pm, 9 Apr 2023
20,179 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
What is this shoe goo you talk of? Off to google!

Nice 7.5 there LL and hope you got your 10 in Lesley. I did 5.8 running back for the car as we drove to the pub yesterday to save our little dogs legs she is over 13 and one way walk was 5.2m

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000