1000 miles in 2024

11 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Nov 2022
11:35am, 17 Nov 2022
7,507 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Steve, you are retired and have a choice whether to go out and get soaked or put it off until tomorrow. You've reached your target and now the weather has turned and as you have said, 'reducing your running over winter' surely this should mean picking and choosing your running days and not sticking to a timetable.
Nov 2022
11:36am, 17 Nov 2022
9,530 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I think 10 miles has always been my favourite race distance. I hope I'm ready for Sundays race. I ran well during yesterday's fartlek, and appeared to have regained some pace.
Well done for your 4.2 miles this morning on undulating roads.
I hope your CT scan shows all ok 🤞 I had one several years ago during an annual check up, and all was ok.

This morning was a solo 3.97 miles on roads. It was really cold with a biting wind. I actually wore 2 tops, but the wind cut through. Still wearing shorts though.
Nov 2022
9:22am, 19 Nov 2022
5,822 posts
  •  
steve45
You're spot on FF, I am too rigid in my approach sometimes and I can make running even more enjoyable by being flexible. I did 4.1 on a cold and frosty morning along trails today, wearing "longs" with the temperature just 0.8c. Nice in one way but my struggling has become the norm. Yeah hs, I hope to have some reasons after my scan...if my heart is ok then I simply need to buck up!
Your training has been great ready for the ten miler hs, good luck for a good run.
Nov 2022
9:53am, 19 Nov 2022
19,181 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Some good stuff going on here with the running esp in the torrential rain we’ve been having. It did effect my days for running but keeping some level up. I’m not convinced I’ll hit 100 this Month and only 16 days of running left this year.

How awful that you witnessed hare coursing there are some vile people about. Hope the police caught them.

I’ll do an update when I’m back heading out on a run with the hope that I may spot a little list Jack Russell he’s been missing over 2 weeks but a couple of sightings this week so a search party is out, I’m doing a run to take in the area and let’s hope someone sees him so they can try to rescue him.
Nov 2022
10:12am, 19 Nov 2022
9,547 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Steve, I'm glad that you are still enjoying your running, and I think this is because, as you say, you are being more flexible. Well done for this mornings 4.I in very cold conditions on trails. Thanks for your good luck wishes for tomorrow's multi terrain 10 mile race.

GG, good that you are still keeping up a reasonable level of running, considering the torrential rain you have been experiencing.

Good luck with today's run, searching for the missing Jack Russell.

Another rest day today, in readiness for tomorrow. I'm not aiming for a particular time, but will give it my best shot. There is a 70+ age category, but I don't stand much chance against 70 year old "youngsters 😃
Nov 2022
10:59am, 19 Nov 2022
7,523 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Yes good luck tomorrow hillstrider. Not my cup of tea a multi-terrain run.
To parkrun, running it and running home this morning gives me 6.7 miles. Very pleased to have achieved a SB this morning too with 21.41 I believe it was.
I only went because I'd volunteered to help out as it was persistently raining when I got up but luckily had pretty much stopped when I left home to go there.
Happy running all.
Nov 2022
11:52am, 19 Nov 2022
2,981 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done everyone and best wishes tomorrow HS.
Parkrun 95 for me today. Went to one in Dublin with my sister which was nice. A nice event with only about 40 runners.
Nov 2022
2:01pm, 19 Nov 2022
9,551 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF and LL!

Well done FF for your SB parkrun this morning.

Well done LL for your 95th parkrun.
Nov 2022
9:08am, 20 Nov 2022
19,709 posts
  •  
3M (aka MarkyMarkMark)
Have fun today HS! Hope the weather plays nicely for you.
Nov 2022
10:05am, 20 Nov 2022
19,191 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Good luck and enjoy your race today hillstrider multi terrain can be nice esp when you get some relief from tarmac.

Well done on the SB & 1st in age category FF and 95 parkruns wow LL

Flexibility in running is a good thing Steve much less pressure.

I was targeting 1275 before my op but I think I’ll put too much pressure on myself as I’ve just not had much running lately and nothing long. M

I did 8.5 yesterday looking for Alfie my pace looked slow but I was popping over verges to see if there was any little paths or hideouts, stopping ti talk to others out on the track most of whom were doing the same, sadly to no avail (found some new places to explore). I would have been about 10m but I started to feel a bit cold and I got hubby to pick me up on his way home (he’d been walking with Ellie also looking for him) feeling better this morning than yesterday, but I’ll have a day off.

How is the knee Ev? I have seen you’ve managed a couple of little test runs. Fingers crossed.

Hope everyone has a good Sunday

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000