1000 miles in 2024

15 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Nov 2022
11:52am, 22 Nov 2022
2,990 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Did a little interval session here in the flattest place I could find. Makes a change sometimes from just plodding. Managed to swerve
The Irish weather. Got my green tick back which was my main aim.
Hope you are fully recovered soon Lesley.
Nov 2022
12:16pm, 22 Nov 2022
5,827 posts
  •  
steve45
Coming second in your age category hs! What a way to be nearing the year's end, great running.
Hope that you're not compromised with the lurgy for too long Lesley but a very easy rowing machine workout sounds a good alternative but there's no rush in recovering from covid. I know people who have had covid three times, had it twice myself and I'm sure the remnants are still with me.
I bought a wobble board many years ago gg...to improve proprioception. I'm sure it is beneficial but the added time to do it regularly enough for it to be beneficial meant I leave the wobble board almost as an ornament! What with stretches, specific stretching, weights and anything else that comes up as a "thing to do" I'd have little time to merely "live" if I took on board all the recommended inputs😂.
Four road miles on the coldest early morning here so far this winter. I need just 18 more miles to equal last year's total so should just about get that before I have the heart scan.
Nov 2022
1:48pm, 22 Nov 2022
9,589 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done LL for your interval session. Good to hear that you have got your green tick back.

Thanks Steve, I don't know how old the 1st placer was, but possibly nearly 7 years younger. Well done for running in the cold this morning.

A morning Farmers Walk as per usual on a Tuesday.

I'm being "bullied" into partaking in a club handicap race in the third week of December. My telling them that I will be 77, doesn't cut any ice with them. They still expect me to join in all their activities. I suppose I should be thankful that they don't think that "I'm passed it."
Nov 2022
1:56pm, 22 Nov 2022
7,567 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done Steve, you'll soon beat last years total.
Definitely far from past it hillstrider and your club pals obviously think the same.
7.6 this morning for me with a stretch off road in long grass and large muddy puddles. Shoes need a clean and my feet got a little damp.
Nov 2022
8:58am, 23 Nov 2022
5,829 posts
  •  
steve45
I think our posts must have posted at the same time LL...I missed your interval session news.Well done instead of plodding!
Handicap events I remember were great ways of trying to maintain a pace without speeding off ...although the ones I remember doing never really ended up as they were expected to! Obviously not past "it" hs and if you enjoy the ten handicap then why not?!
Sounds an almost cross country effort there FF and you don't mess about with low miles!
No run today, I woke up to torrential rain and that was that!
Nov 2022
11:57am, 23 Nov 2022
9,596 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for your 7.6 miles yesterday.

A good decision Steve not to run in torrential rain this morning

This morning was a pyramid session, 3 sets, on a gravel trail hill. Total mileage including run out and back was 5.69 miles.

I have been talked/tempted during this mornings run to enter the handicap race, so will enter this afternoon. I've got to esti
Nov 2022
12:00pm, 23 Nov 2022
9,597 posts
  •  
hillstrider
estimate my finishing time. There will be a prize for the runner finishing nearest to their estimated time.
Nov 2022
1:37pm, 23 Nov 2022
2,993 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Nice running FF and good decision Steve. I was the opposite. I wasn’t going to run but after battling brutal weather couldn’t resist a little run when I saw the sun shining.

I’ll rest tomorrow on a travel day.

A good session HS. You must be feeling ok after your race 👍
Nov 2022
2:12pm, 23 Nov 2022
9,600 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, I was feeling surprisingly ache free after Sundays race. The 2 rest days must have helped.
Nov 2022
5:30pm, 23 Nov 2022
7,578 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Well done hillstrider for your good training session after Sunday's race. I suppose you don't have to actually race the handicap if you're racing for an estimate.
Lesley I quite fancied a run when the sun came out after the downpour we'd had but I had to go for a blood test and then lunch and then shopping before coming to work.
Tomorrow's weather looks ok though so that's good.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000