1000 miles in 2024

9 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Nov 2022
2:26pm, 14 Nov 2022
3,495 posts
  •  
Evangel
Lesley, I trust that you'll soon recover, and be able to enjoy a leisurely run again.
Nov 2022
2:33pm, 14 Nov 2022
9,498 posts
  •  
hillstrider
A very busy time for you GG; sounds like you are having fun.

A foggy, but mild morning for our forest run. We ran 7.94 miles at a chatty pace.
Nov 2022
9:37am, 15 Nov 2022
5,819 posts
  •  
steve45
You've been pretty busy again gg, glad you've been getting some runs in and modelling (!!) stuff done!
Hope your covid symptoms ease quickly Lesley...ugh ..when I had it paracetamol didn't help one bit. Hope the family recover quickly too.
Sort of good news there Evangel and progressing in the right direction. I chuckle at your pouring scorn on your 12mm when I'm struggling to reach that pace currently!
Apart from stopping at 7.94 miles (πŸ˜‚) that run was good hs, you're obviously still in fine fettle regardless of the knee.
5k in the pouring rain and dark this morning with random thinking "will I ever get back to somewhere near what I find an acceptable pace?" Maybe I won't!
Nov 2022
10:46am, 15 Nov 2022
9,504 posts
  •  
hillstrider
That's what happens Steve when running in k's πŸ˜ƒ
Well done for running 5k this morning in the dark, and pouring rain.🌧
I got wet doing the Farmers Walk.

Tomorrow's training will be less intense than usual, as the Oakhaven 10 miles is on Sunday. They have a 70+ age category, but I don't stand much chance against "youngsters" just turned 70☹️
I've just entered the Salisbury 10 miles, which isn't until the 26th March. The limit is 1000, and it is already over half full! I don't know how I will be physically then, but had to enter now, or else wouldn't get a place.
Nov 2022
12:24pm, 15 Nov 2022
7,491 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
As we get older I think pace doesn't / shouldn't matter as much as the enjoyment of still being able to run, however, most of us are / were competitive runners so it's hard to get away from the fast pace mindset.
Steve you were dafter, sorry I mean braver than myself, I chose to go supermarket shopping rather than get soaked running. Hopefully better weather tomorrow.
Entering races for next year will certainly keep you motivated hillstrider. Good luck with your race on Sunday.
Nov 2022
10:57am, 16 Nov 2022
9,514 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF.

This morning was a fartlek session on gravel trails. Very wet and muddy underfoot, and it started raining heavily
Nov 2022
12:30pm, 16 Nov 2022
2,971 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Bad luck HS I went out later and it was glorious sunshine here. Pushed through the 900 barrier today πŸ˜„
Nov 2022
12:53pm, 16 Nov 2022
7,499 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I went out in sunshine and a breeze, it was more autumnal this morning and cooler than recent. 5 x 800m reps were interrupted by making a call to the police to report hare coursing. 7.8 miles added to my running total for the year.
Nov 2022
1:24pm, 16 Nov 2022
9,518 posts
  •  
hillstrider
LL, the sun came out laterπŸ™‚ . Well done for crossing the 900 miles barrier.

Well done for your interval session, during a 7.8 miles run FF.
Nov 2022
10:23am, 17 Nov 2022
5,820 posts
  •  
steve45
Great that 900 miles are now behind you LL, looks a 1000 well before the end of the year.
I liked ten mile races when I did race hs. You seem to relish them too and you're running well, ready for Sunday's Oakhaven.
πŸ˜‚Now I realise how you get those odd fractions of a mile!
Daft really FF! But trying to stick to my plan. Good on you for reporting hare coursing..horrible activity. And well done on your reps.
And of course you're right about slowing pace as age takes over but (for me), although I only run for enjoyment/habit the memory of zippy days running just won't go away. It's a horrible reminder of a body past its sell by date!
4.2 miles on undulating roads this morning, still labouring but thankfully I have the date of my CT scan now which is in two weeks time.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000