1000 miles in 2024

10 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Oct 2022
10:26pm, 30 Oct 2022
3,491 posts
  •  
Evangel
HS, that's an excellent time; well done!
Oct 2022
5:55am, 31 Oct 2022
5,788 posts
  •  
steve45
Great to have beaten your personal target hs despite the wind! And despite the nuisance knee. Your training has served you well.

I enjoyed watching the route being shown/run on the NF Runners web site yesterday, a nice looking course and place to run.
Having a rest now?!
Oct 2022
7:43am, 31 Oct 2022
19,040 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Brilliant result hs! Esp with the wind and as Steve said after your knee issue too. I expect you are very chuffed.

I had a fabulous weekend the event was well structured, informative and fun. The runs were hard we did Devils Staircase at night and it was heavy rain. I struggled as we got out the minibus and straight into an uphill, made worse as I had layered up and it was actually warm. Once I got into my stride though it was brilliant. Very Rocky underfoot so the feet took a strong ‘massage’ in vibrams.

Sunday was ascent/descent training so they took us on part of the Glencoe Skyrunning route which was a technical climb in torrential rain, again rocky / stone underfoot making me a bit nervous of slipping but I stayed upright.

Learning to use poles was Saturday morning and that was fun and with Nicky Spinks. I’ll be blogging about it all later.

Hope you all had a good weekend. I’ll be out with my friend to stretch our quads and hammy’s after breakfast. A
Oct 2022
8:55am, 31 Oct 2022
5,790 posts
  •  
steve45
That sounds like a challenging couple of days gg. What a treat to have Nicky Spinks to run with, I love the film of her doing the Bob Graham Round record.
I did 5k this morning, trails were light enough of course after clock change; very damp even though mild and quite slippery with heavy leaf fall in places
Oct 2022
10:03am, 31 Oct 2022
9,315 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks everyone for your kind comments on Sundays race. My right knee is aching a bit, so am resting today, but will restart on Wednesday. My next race is the Oakhaven multi terrain 10 miles on 20th November.

GG, wow, you certainly had a very exciting and challenging weekend! Well done for achieving all your goals!

Well done for this mornings 5k on trails Steve.
Oct 2022
11:45am, 31 Oct 2022
2,923 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Fantastic result HS great to get well under the 1:40. Good idea to rest today.

Sounds like a great weekend GG.
Oct 2022
1:30pm, 31 Oct 2022
9,317 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, I was pleased with the result. The official results haven't been published yet, but should be out soon.
Oct 2022
3:32pm, 31 Oct 2022
3,046 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done HS! Enjoy the what's left of your rest day.

Sounds like a great weekend GG, even though it rained. I saw pics on FB and it looked pretty wet.

I did my 50th Parkrun on Saturday, not as fast i would have liked but just sneaking in under 29 mins. Won't be running again till tomorrow, at work today :-(
Oct 2022
3:36pm, 31 Oct 2022
9,318 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Lesley, and well done for your 50th parkrun.
Oct 2022
6:58pm, 31 Oct 2022
2,924 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I just accidentally entered the Southampton Half.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000