1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
Oct 2022
2:06pm, 26 Oct 2022
9,262 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Sorry to hear that you are still having significant pain on the side of your knee Evangel. It sounds like the menisci tears in my right knee back in June 2017. I was able to avoid surgery, but it took a very long time before I was able to run properly. My physio recommended cycling, but as I didn't have a bike, I went to spin sessions twice a week for 2 years, until Covid stopped them. I still get aches in that knee, even today, but have learned how to manage it, by reducing my mileage, and taking more rest days.
Oct 2022
2:20pm, 26 Oct 2022
7,263 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Really sorry to read that Evangel I hope you manage to get it sorted soon.
Oct 2022
3:07pm, 26 Oct 2022
2,903 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Thanks for the wordle welcome HS it is addictive. Sorry to hear you're still not recovered Evangel and wishing you better and patience in the mean time.
Oct 2022
3:15pm, 26 Oct 2022
3,490 posts
  •  
Evangel
Thanks for your kind words, folks. HS, I'll look into that and also ask the physio about it.
Oct 2022
3:46pm, 26 Oct 2022
9,266 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Evangel, the spinning definitely helped, and also enabled me to maintain a reasonable level of fitness. It's also quite social, as you tend to get the same attendees each session, and get to know them. Another recommendation was to massage baby oil with the back of a spoon, onto the knee. I'll be interested to hear what your physio advises.
Oct 2022
4:49pm, 26 Oct 2022
19,026 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
So gutted for you Ev. My mam had a bakers cyst not sure what happened to fix it she was doing the exercises from the physio and then it just cleared up one day
Oct 2022
9:19am, 27 Oct 2022
5,778 posts
  •  
steve45
Thanks everyone, it would be good to eclipse last year's 1074 which seems likely. Unless really cold weather upsets my applecart!
What a pity about that knee Evangel, you've been very patient with it so hope further rest/treatment sorts it out.

I had a knee issue when I was in my early thirties which took 18 months to heal.... primarily because I kept restarting running every time it felt a bit better. No patience in those days. But it did clear up almost out of the blue very much like gg's Mam.
Zippy pace there on your interval hs, don't over extend things now before Sunday!
Oct 2022
11:03am, 27 Oct 2022
9,276 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, I wasn't going to run today, but I didn't fancy 3 successive rest days, so I did an easy pace 5k on roads. I think I got away with it 🤞
Oct 2022
11:47am, 27 Oct 2022
7,267 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Being the hardy soul that I am I binned my run today when I looked out the window, it was raining.

Good luck Sunday hillstrider and well done for managing to do an easy paced run, as we all know you like to put some pace into your runs somewhere.
Oct 2022
1:24pm, 27 Oct 2022
9,278 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks FF, I'm hoping to be able to inject some pace, at some time, in Sundays race. It depends how I get on in the early stages.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000