1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 726.0
Oct 2022
4:54pm, 23 Oct 2022
9,230 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL, I won't be running alone, and we all "look out " for each other.
Oct 2022
7:17pm, 23 Oct 2022
19,019 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Crazy day today but a fabulous weekend with my friend doing her first half (due to Covid she did her first full first) life got in way for her so it was a get round in one piece we didn’t check pace. However at the beginning talking to someone we used to work with she said she’d love near 2.5hr but accepted lack of training it wouldn’t happen

2:27:20 (garmin time waiting for official result) we never stopped taking (so probably could have gone quicker 🤣) over the moon.

I’ll read back and catch up on news first my tea is ready!
Oct 2022
8:19pm, 23 Oct 2022
3,036 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done everyone, looks like you all had a great weekend. Well done to your friend too GG.

I did 7.5 miles yesterday morning up the hill again. It was pretty foggy and quite warm. Seemed harder than last time, more walking than I would have liked. I was so tired afterwards too. The wee man has stopped his naps so hoping it’s just an adjustment to routine and nothing else. Will have an early night anyway.

Seems to be a lot of geese flying over tonight, they are really noisy.
Oct 2022
9:39pm, 23 Oct 2022
7,239 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Safe running tomorrow hillstrider.
Well done GG and to your friend too.
Adjustments to life happen a lot with a child Lesley, well done for your run yesterday.
I'm hoping to add some running next week having not ran since last Saturday.
Oct 2022
6:23am, 24 Oct 2022
3,037 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I am getting that FF, he went from having a 3 hour nap to none basically overnight. So have to entertain him in that time and then work in the evenings now.
Oct 2022
6:38am, 24 Oct 2022
19,020 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Caught up on news hope you enjoy run was good and it’s not too muddy hs are you all set for Sunday?

LL well done on keeping your tick green & Lealey hope little ones is in a new routine soon must be so tricky balancing it all (bad enough with just us 2!)

They did play Bat out of Hell!! They were really good but I’m feet haven’t touched the ground it’s been such a busy week

Hope all is going well with the knee Ev and you’re ok too Steve.
Oct 2022
2:59pm, 24 Oct 2022
9,237 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done ĢG and friend for your 2.27.20 half marathon time.

It wasn't too muddy on Saturday, and I was pleased with the session. I'm as ready as possible for Sunday.

Great that they played "Bat out of Hell!"

Well done Lesley for your 7.5 mile run up the hill.
A shame that the wee man has stopped his naps, but it is probably just a change to his routine.

Thanks FF, today's forest run went well, see below. Good luck for next week's running.

Ran 7 miles in the forest this morning with two running friends. I thought that would please those of you that like round numbers 😊 One of my friends had her flu and Covid jabs yesterday, so probably shouldn't have run. Her legs started aching and she's definitely feeling the side effects.

She's also doing the NF10 on Sunday, so hopefully will be ok by then.
Oct 2022
5:32pm, 24 Oct 2022
2,897 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
No naps “boo” Lesley hope it’s a blip.
Well done on the forest run HS.

I did a little bike ride today as it was a running rest day.
Oct 2022
6:44pm, 24 Oct 2022
9,241 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL. That was a good idea, going for a little bike ride on a running rest day. That will class as cross training!
Oct 2022
9:19am, 25 Oct 2022
5,774 posts
  •  
steve45
That's my 1000 done!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000