1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
26 Jun
8:46am, 26 Jun 2024
22,828 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Excellent virtual mile Lesley and well done on hill sprints. I’ve been adding some in lately determined to get stronger.

Also well done FF and enjoy your hollies we’ll be down your way this weekend then back 2 weeks later for our holiday can’t wait.

Got a lovely message from Karen she has me in until 15 July but with Berkeley only 9 weeks away she’s now ramping the long runs and I just can’t manage it we are on holiday and while I’ll run it’s a bit selfish of me to disappear back to back 5hr then 4hr runs esp as we will be moving the boat. We’ll see I can only do what is possible and there should be walking which is time on feet. I do worry that I be more likely to skip sessions - last night it took a lot of resolve to do my workout esp when I discovered it was an hour not 40m but I knew she would see if if I didn’t so got it done. Downside it was 10.25 before I sat down (other than to eat tea)

I’ll have to come up with an accountability to you guys!
26 Jun
9:06am, 26 Jun 2024
21 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Who knew curry and beer didn’t make a great combination for a mornings run, eldest son home from uni but only here to Sunday and then hopefully I’ll get back on track.

3.25 miles at 9am and 39 degrees and then 2 miles on the treadmill when I got home, hate the treadmill but only hills I get around pancake flat Dubai

Beers by the pool this afternoon, might even get some swimming in
26 Jun
9:06am, 26 Jun 2024
22 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Btw what is the virtual mile??
26 Jun
10:00am, 26 Jun 2024
12,067 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
@ here's a link to the virtual mile thread

fetcheveryone.com/forum/the-virtual-mile-thread-62613/127

There are links to the virtual mile 'races' on the page, I set this up myself to attempt to get used to running an evenly paced mile (it doesn't seem to have helped me personally).
26 Jun
10:48am, 26 Jun 2024
23 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Thanks FF
26 Jun
11:51am, 26 Jun 2024
15,328 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Lesley for your virtual mile and 30 second hill sprints.

Well done FF for your 12 miles.

Well done GG for last night's workout.

Well done Dubairunner for this mornings 3.25 miles run, and 2 miles on the treadmill.

I also remember the days when the windscreens were covered with splattered flies, and running with dozens of flies above my head. There are more tics around this year, and a couple of my friends have already had one on their legs.

This morning was a 6 mile run with a running friend, which included 5 hill reps on "The Tyrol." Very warm at 25 degrees.

I won't be running tomorrow as I'm going to the Isle of Wight with my sister, to meet up with our cousins for a pub lunch.
26 Jun
1:37pm, 26 Jun 2024
5 posts
  •  
Donnie1
So much happening and difficult to comment on all the achievements. However I'd would like to add a comment to Mr MM and TT.

Mr MM: On the RW thread, you previously mentioned your personal circumstances and the challenges you're coping with. If running helps, keep running. If it helps you cope, gather your thoughts, make decisions, relax, whatever, never feel its a selfish thing to do. At times, you'll need that. Take care.

TT: the Wolds challenge - well done. Loved the picture.

I'm another new birdwatcher and Merlin user. During covid joined the Yorkshire Wildlife Trust, now, once a week I'll usually do a lap of a near by reserve. Others there have a lifetime of experience, its a new world for me, its great to see. I love the walk and Merlin adds a lot.

4 runs since last reporting, 7.1, 5.2, 3.1 (parkrun) and 7.2 making YTD 433.8.

This week slightly down on normal due to two days watching county cricket at Scarborough. Wonderful. If your a county, rather than international cricket follower, you'll know the North Marine Rd ground is a truly special place.
duo
26 Jun
3:57pm, 26 Jun 2024
509 posts
  •  
duo
Tons of new posts and I can't remember them all but yep, I'm another COVID twitcher.

Took it up first lockdown (my original degree is in biology and a lifelong fascination of animals of any sort) and I'm lucky in that I am on the coast but I'm also on the edge of Scotland's largest regional park (I run up there regularly) which helps with my spotting and I also use Merlin.

@Donnie1 Does the cricket ground have a sea view?
26 Jun
5:29pm, 26 Jun 2024
22,838 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great weather to be watching the cricket (if its like it is over here in the NE)

I love wildlife (just been upset that my wing mirror spider has gone MIA since I had car at the garage for new tyres, we have had a few adventures together recently, it joined me on 2 trips to glasgow, just hope they didnt kill it - or let it inside the car)

Off to some other woods and the park tonight so I will merlin while I'm there.

Well done for the runs, hs, steve, dubiarunner & donnie and apologies if I have missed anyone.
27 Jun
8:24am, 27 Jun 2024
11 posts
  •  
TanTan
GG I find virtual accountability really good, you may find the same.

DR that is an interesting fuelling strategy.for a run!

So lovely to read about bird song, something I know little about but like hearing it.

Donnie how is the cricket??? Is it the only flat bit of Scarborough?

Out this morning in the Lakes, it goes up and down here, and by running round my parents' garden at the end I did exactly six miles..........

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000