1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
24 Jun
12:32pm, 24 Jun 2024
8 posts
  •  
MrHSc
MrM2 really sorry to hear of the current situation at home. Can’t be easy physically and mentally.

Got out earlyish today for 6 miles before the heat builds up.

Might be tempted to try out a quicker tempo style run tomorrow, see if the Achilles is up to quicker runs.

YTD 687 miles.
24 Jun
1:33pm, 24 Jun 2024
6,968 posts
  •  
steve45
Arghh to 8.89 miles hs! Excellent HR for you , you're recovering well.
That's some terrain gg but sounds like you enjoy it. Sorry....no such bird as Greater Whitethroat! It's either Common Whitethroat or Lesser Whitethroat ( both summer migrants)and you don't get Lessers up there. Your birds would've been Common Whitethroats! Singing season coming to an end for most birds now.
3000 miles in a year Tan Tan! That deserves an exclamation mark, plenty of fuel and several trainers! Hope you manage it, not many could.
24 Jun
2:52pm, 24 Jun 2024
22,790 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
The Merlin app is wrong and teaching me incorrectly grrr
24 Jun
3:11pm, 24 Jun 2024
15,319 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I have an excuse Steve for the non round up mileage. I inadvertently pressed a button on my watch which changed the data screen. This screen didn't show the k's, so I was unsure of the mileage. We had all started our runs from different points, so had different readings.
24 Jun
4:04pm, 24 Jun 2024
18 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
GG the most common birds in my garden, where I’m currently enjoying a glass of fizz are Sunbirds and Parakets
24 Jun
4:41pm, 24 Jun 2024
22,792 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
you're so lucky Dubairunner, I loved the parakeets in Australia and in Oman actually.

So a little while ago I was pondering going solo from my coach, largely as I don't have a specific target and it isn't the cheapest thing to do. I messaged her today and she was absolutely lovely. I will miss opening my phone to see what she's got planned for me and also the little voice of encouragement but I am sure I can write myself a plan and execute it the money I will save will easily pay for me to go along to one of the yoga for runners retreats I've done in the past and not been able to justify paying for at the moment. It soon adds up doesnt it!
24 Jun
8:35pm, 24 Jun 2024
3,897 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Sounds like a good run GG, sometimes it's food just to take it easy and enjoy the scenery and wildlife.

You can always start with your coach again if you think you would like to. She seems really nice.

Well done to everyone getting out today in the heat! 28 degrees here - it was too hot for me today!
24 Jun
10:13pm, 24 Jun 2024
10 posts
  •  
JackFW
HS, congrats on your 10km! Well done. You pulled up great afterwards too.

Dubai runner, I don’t know what to say to that weather, hope you are staying hydrated. I could probably count on one hand how many plus 42 degree days I have experienced over here. The good thing about the summer weather I. Melbourne is that we usually get a cool change after a couple of hot days when the wind turns southerly.

GG, fantastic that you can do fell running on your back door. We have some starlings living in our brick wall at home - I think the English introduced them during colonisation. There are more exotic birds further afield.

Lesley, I tend to concur. Anything over 30 degrees and I give the run a miss.

MrHSC, it’s good to see you closing in on 700 miles. Is the plan to get there by end of month?

I did a night run last night. 6.25km. It was my first night run in many years. Quite enjoyed it but woke up at 3am hungry. The plan is to back it up with a run to work this morning.
24 Jun
11:13pm, 24 Jun 2024
22,799 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I am quite strange I like the heat, which did serve me well in Jordan’s desert, which was beneficial as the 25-28deg ended off 42 as they had a heatwave (for new members sorry existing 1000’ers who had this all before), people in Oman thought I was bonkers going for a run - I will say it makes me tired and it’s hard but I am a sunflower I just don’t care how slow I am.

Hydration in heat is necessary with salts. In Oman I ran with active root which is an electrolyte drink all natural ingredients and vegan friendly. In Jordan I ran with that in one bottle stronger than usual and also had salt tabs.

Our fells are not like Lake District fells it’s little rolling hills it’s not a huge area but it’s beautiful

Just a bit overgrown in places which adds the risk of rocks, holes, tree routes hidden by the foliage

Less than 1m away in one direction and 0.3m in the other.
25 Jun
3:55am, 25 Jun 2024
19 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
3.28 miles at 6am when it was only 33 degrees

You do acclimatise to heat but generally in the summer, shorter distances, hydrate, go slow and watch HR, although I don’t always run with a watch.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000