1000 miles in 2024

59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 731.5
23 Jun
5:59pm, 23 Jun 2024
22,769 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Great running hs esp when summer was switched on with little warning.

I found it a tad warm for my run today def not complaining but accepting it and the overgrowth is affecting my already slow paces. Did a few hill reps today which was nice to do
23 Jun
6:48pm, 23 Jun 2024
3,896 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Well done HS!

I couldn't handle that temperatures, even 25 here is too much.
23 Jun
7:08pm, 23 Jun 2024
15,316 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG and Lesley.

Well done GG for doing hill reps in the heat.
24 Jun
8:32am, 24 Jun 2024
6,967 posts
  •  
steve45
Well done on your 10k hs. Glad that you were reasonably pleased. So you should be!!!
Glad too gg that you found hill reps nice to do! It's been a long time since any running effort equated to "nice" for me.

16c here at 6am was perfect for anyone running. My 4 mile along partly trails was the usual walk/run slog😂. I think I was additionally too tired after watching Scotland play Hungary and a beer or two!
24 Jun
9:35am, 24 Jun 2024
16 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Well done HS

Just another 3.06 for me, looking forward to the winter
24 Jun
10:23am, 24 Jun 2024
22,782 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I went out for a run this morning and changed my route to go over our fells again, so glad I did it was stunning nice and warm and I've been getting the Merlin app on my phone so mile 2 was slow as I kept stopping to record the birds to find out what was singing to me. Then onto the fells and battling the overgrown nettles and thistles and the gorse bushes have gone mad - you can't see where to put your feet so it makes very slow progress but who's counting!!

Anyway discovered there are birds around here I've never even heard of!!

Linnet
Greater Whitethroat

also discovered we have

Willow Warblers and Reed Buntings - wasn't aware we had those here.

And who knew the smallest of the birds sings the loudest.
24 Jun
11:30am, 24 Jun 2024
5 posts
  •  
TanTan
Well done on the 10km HS, good run.

GG not good on the fly tipping, don't know why people do it.

DR I am assuming you have AC at work?????????

Last day of the Wolds Rangers' Way Walking Festival yesterday, been a really good festival this year with incredible weather for walking. First run back this morning, 6.03miles (sorry Steve!)

Need to sort out the training record but off to Cumbria tomorrow for a week so might be a little while before it happens.

YTDR: 335.92
YTDW: 1385.54

I would like to do 3650 in total this year, might be ambitious given the rest of the year, but best to aim high! Floor target, 3000.
24 Jun
11:58am, 24 Jun 2024
12,055 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
That's one heck of a target @TanTan
24 Jun
12:19pm, 24 Jun 2024
15,318 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it was a tough run in the heat and humidity.

Well done for this mornings 4 miles walk/run.

Thanks Dubairunner, well done for this mornings 3.06 miles.

Well done for this mornings run over the fells GG. It sounded like a really interesting and productive run.

Thanks Tan Tan. Well done for this mornings 6.03 miles.

That's a very impressive mileage target!

This morning was an 8.89 miles (sorry) run in the forest with the Monday Group. It was supposed to be a recovery run, after yesterday's 10k race, but it went really well, despite the heat and humidity. I was very pleased with my heart rate, as I thought running the day after a race would raise it, especially in the heat. Average hr was 107 and max 130. Definitely a rest day tomorrow though, except for the Farmers Walk 😁
24 Jun
12:24pm, 24 Jun 2024
17 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
TT - aircon everywhere! My electric bill in the summer is through the roof!!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000