1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
25 Jun
4:59am, 25 Jun 2024
11 posts
  •  
JackFW
Nice pics, GG. Fell running is on my todo list next time Iโ€™m in the UK.

Midnight running might be the go, DR, but I suspect it doesnโ€™t drop under 30.

10km run this morning. Felt sluggish after the night run yesterday. Woke up at 3am hungry! Got through the run at a slow pace. Tick that run off and move on.
25 Jun
5:46am, 25 Jun 2024
20 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
Yeah Jack done that before, itโ€™s all relative 30 at night is pleasant compared to high 40s - just so long as itโ€™s not humid.
25 Jun
7:50am, 25 Jun 2024
7 posts
  •  
TanTan
DR we have now hit humidity!

Jack waking up at 0300 hungry, did you eat? And what?

GG wonderful countryside, very much like here, it looks as if it is wonderful to walk and run in.

Out at 0530 this morning, lots and lots of people out with their Labradors which usually means a hot (for Yorkshire) and humid day.

Till I sort out the tracking YTDR: 341.04
25 Jun
10:18am, 25 Jun 2024
9 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Nice pics GG but those nettles for a townie like me ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Jack yeah hoping to crack the 700 end of this week.

Dubai kudos to you how you manage to run in that heat, 5 miles this morning inc 4 at half marathon pace and I was sweating buckets!
Thankfully no ill effects from the Achilles so happy with that.

YTD 692 miles.
25 Jun
10:19am, 25 Jun 2024
10 posts
  •  
MrHSc
MrHSc wrote:Nice pics GG but those nettles for a townie like me ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚.

Jack yeah hoping to crack the 700 end of this week. Dubai kudos to you how you manage to run in that heat, 5 miles this morning inc 4 at half marathon pace and I was sweating buckets! Thankfully no ill effects from the Achilles so happy with that. YTD 692 miles.
25 Jun
10:19am, 25 Jun 2024
11 posts
  •  
MrHSc
MrHSc wrote:Nice pics GG but those nettles for a townie like me ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜‚. Jack yeah hoping to crack the 700 end of this week. Dubai kudos to you how you manage to run in that heat, 5 miles this morning inc 4 at half marathon pace and I was sweating buckets! Thankfully no ill effects from the Achilles so happy with that. YTD 692 miles.
25 Jun
10:22am, 25 Jun 2024
12 posts
  •  
MrHSc
Still have not figured out how to edit a post on my phone without creating loads of duplicates ๐Ÿ˜‚
25 Jun
10:40am, 25 Jun 2024
15,324 posts
  •  
hillstrider
GG, I don't really see any point paying for a Coach, if you don't have any specific targets. Running clubs have qualified Coaches and Leaders, so all it costs is the membership fee. Thanks for posting the lovely photos.

Thanks Jack, and well done for Sunday evenings 6.25k and this mornings 10k.

Well done Dubairunner for this mornings 3.28 miles.

Well done Tan Tan for this mornings very early run.

Well done MrHsc, for this mornings 5 miles.

I don't think that there is any way to edit a post. We have commented previously about this, and the inability to save a post part way, so as to return to later to finish off.

Just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk this morning.
25 Jun
10:46am, 25 Jun 2024
6,969 posts
  •  
steve45
I think you've made a good decision about dropping a coach for now. As for me saying 'no such bird " re Greater Whitethroat I was being pedantic...it is used in some mainly scientific world journals but not generally used by "birders " (of which I am one!) or in local bird reports etc. So you're not being taught incorrectly but rather precisely. Same thing applies to thing like " Eurasian Wren" etc...not generally used terms.To heck, it doesn't really matter and fab that you're enjoying using the Merlin app. Great places you're running in despite maybe nettles!
Yeah, the body can acclimatise to heat but apparently not to cold. Although I have said I prefer running in the heat it really isn't ever hot when I run in early morning. 16c this morning on my 5k and pretty much perfect. (The weather, not my"run")!! Mainly river trail.
I don't think you can edit a post MrHsc. Hmm..bet someone will tell me now!
25 Jun
11:27am, 25 Jun 2024
6,970 posts
  •  
steve45
Should've said the coach comment was to gg!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000