1 lurker | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 731.5
21 Jun
4:11pm, 21 Jun 2024
3,891 posts
  •  
Lesley C
That's sad MrM2.

Great pics Duo and TanTan, we need to holiday more to see these places.

I am fed up of political leaflets coming through the door. Not had one for that party yet HS. My postal ballot paper arrived in the post this afternoon (postie was very late today).

Some great running going on here - keep it up guys.

Our club run last night was great. The hill was tough but I am not used to running at 9pm. It was lovely weather and boy it was warm.

The tower on top of the hill is a memorial to one of the Burnett of Leys (he was in the army), the family own a lot of land around here and Crathes Castle. You can go up the tower, they helicoptered in a staircase about 30 years ago. Just in case anyone wants to know.

21 Jun
4:12pm, 21 Jun 2024
6,963 posts
  •  
steve45
I'm not surprised you have run out of fuel MrM2 when you have the physical and emotional concerns about your wife. Quite amazing that you're running at all given the circumstances let alone your age...not many octogenarians out there trotting. I hope, as I'm sure everyone here does that you get through this most difficult time and that MrsM2 is made as comfortable as is possible and that you still share good days together.
22 Jun
1:33am, 22 Jun 2024
7 posts
  •  
JackFW
MrM2, sorry to hear you’re going through a rough time. I don’t think Steve could have put it any better. You are doing well given the circumstances. I saw a guy running a few months ago and he was wearing a t shirt which said “keep showing up”. Nothing is truer in life. You need to keep going and do your best. In running and in life.

Great photos from TT, Duo and Lesley. Thanks for sharing.

A massive congratulations to TT - I know you worked hard for many months to get ready for that event. Well done. Enjoy the glow of having finished something you set out to achieve.

On Thursday I did my usual 10km to work. It was very cold, around a degree. Felt fine on the run but afterwards had some quad soreness, so I’ve rested up over the last couple of days which is good timing because when i left my runners out in the work carpark during the day, the hard rubbish contractor (organised by the landlord to clear out a heap of rubbish) took my shoes and presumably threw them in the tip! So I am therefore sans runners and will need to go buy a new pair today. It’s quite funny actually, but albeit slightly annoying. They had almost 500km on the clock so it is a bit premature to throw them out.
22 Jun
12:48pm, 22 Jun 2024
6,964 posts
  •  
steve45
Yeah 300 miles isn't far for trainers ..in my book either even though manufacturers and some others might tell us to think about a new pair around then! I'm still occasionally wearing a pair of Hokas that have 1025 miles on the soles, ok, a bit of shoegoo on the heels but still feel better than my two pairs of Saucony Ride which have a mere 300 each.
Don't think I said well done to TT.Not been fully aware of your training, sorry. And I'm well familiar with ultra training! ( My wife, certainly not me!!).
No outing today, a rest day.
22 Jun
2:59pm, 22 Jun 2024
15,308 posts
  •  
hillstrider
MrM2 I'm very sorry to hear about the sad circumstances with your wife. I'm impressed that you are still managing to run, especially at your age. I hope that you do manage to keep running through this difficult time, and that your wife will be well looked after in the Hospice. Our running club donates to our local Hospice, and proceeds from our 10k tomorrow, will also go there. My brother in law spent his final days there, and my sister was full of praise for his care. I hope that you will stay with us on this thread, as every one is very supportive and encouraging. My prayers are with you and your wife🙏

I'm glad that you enjoyed your club run last night Lesley, and thanks for the lovely photo. I imagine that it was a tough run.

Well done JackFW for Thursday mornings early 10k. I'm sorry to hear about your trainers being picked up by the rubbish collector.

I usually retire my trainers at around 500 miles, although my trail shoes have currently done over 700 miles and show no sign of wear.

I decided not to parkrun this morning, as I have the club's 10k road race tomorrow. Instead, I did a brisk walk to and from the supermarket to by a couple of newspapers. I was pleased with my pace which was an average of 15.32 minute miling, with a best pace of 13.22 minute miling.
22 Jun
3:42pm, 22 Jun 2024
22,750 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
MrM2 I’m so terribly sorry to hear about your wife’s truly sad situation and how hard this must be for you. As Steve said that you’re out running at all is testament to your strength and I expect it gives you some focus where you can process life’s hardships. We are always here for each other and know I am sending my love, strength and prayers to you and your wife in the days ahead. Take care of you.

I went out with my friend today we looped around different paths of our local fells and almost had to change plans due to some imbecile fly tipping what looks like a bathroom makeover strewn right across a farmers driveway and the public footpath some people do not deserve to share our beautiful countryside I hope the household who paid this chap sees this and turns his details over to the police. We made it across without falling through a pallet or standing on a nail and continued a lovely run well apart from fighting the overgrowth of nettles and thistles. 7m done. Got my cousin and her husband coming for tea tonight best get a shimmy on.
duo
22 Jun
4:39pm, 22 Jun 2024
508 posts
  •  
duo
It sounds a difficult situation MrM the fact you're out running speaks volumes.

Littering of any kind makes me want to commit murder or really does.

I had a five mile trail race last night nearly took a header not even 1km in and have myself a fright so took the shine off the event a bit but no damage done. I'm about to go out for a 30 min recovery run so more for the bank. At least it's not raining
22 Jun
7:23pm, 22 Jun 2024
8 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
GG, only ever flown through Muscat, never visited

MrM2 sorry to hear your latest news

Jack, you only have one pair of shoes??

TT well done

Youngest sons 18th yesterday, hired a yacht for him and 25 friends to head out around the Palm Jumeirah for a few hours, I headed for a jog and stopped for a cheeseburger as well, only did 4.37 miles - was too hot
22 Jun
7:26pm, 22 Jun 2024
9 posts
  •  
Dubairunner
22 Jun
7:26pm, 22 Jun 2024
10 posts
  •  
Dubairunner

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000