1000 miles in 2024

3 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
4 Apr
1:09pm, 4 Apr 2024
22,136 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Got to love a bit of fetch motivation Loo, enjoy the bike but be safe!

Glad you have such great people to run with hs and well done on your solo 5 today and your 4.3 steve.

I went out for a little ploddet at lunchtime, I did a 2m loop that is fairly flat, walked the couple of slight inclines and just took it steady. My chest definitely knows I'm not well but it wasnt too bad and my legs could have kept going, so both good signs. Fingers crossed its on the way out.
4 Apr
1:21pm, 4 Apr 2024
6,801 posts
  •  
steve45
Hey, track now LL! And bike!! This post marathon period is going well.
Indeed it does appear that you're getting fitter hs; so you had rain on the five miler for a while and then lucky for a bit of sunshine. I know that a group interval session can't really be individualized but it does handicap those who's HR takes longer to level off.
Sorry, I missed your post gg. So glad that you're feeling a bit better at last. It can be irksome to be told " there's a lot of it about"!
4 Apr
3:08pm, 4 Apr 2024
3,760 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hope you enjoyed the bike LL. Visibility is always a must - lights on at all times is what my OH half does, and it does help when your driving to see them, especially the rear light. track sessions sound good, would be nice to have access to one.

Glad you are a bit better GG, do take it easy these bugs a pesky and seem to like hanging around.

Some good miles going in Steve and HS. I could never get my HR that low!

I did a hilly session on Tuesday night, it was coming down dark but managed most without the head torch. Was drizzly though so rather annoying. Did see a couple of deer and could hear some owls.

Another early run this morning, drizzle was on and off. Head torches in the woods for an explore of some new MTB trails - why not since they are quiet. But they are definitely MTB downhill trails - not really the best for running on as they are quite technical and have a steep camber on the bends. Just something different for us.

Long run planned for Saturday - its forecast for heavy rain and high winds :-( :-( never mind.
4 Apr
3:35pm, 4 Apr 2024
4,104 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Glad you’re on tbd mend GG.
God luck with that long run.

Very windy in the bike here did just over 12 to reach a checkpoint.

It’s so windy on the bike. I have flashing lights front and rear. Also wear a yellow hi Viv top. Luckily the roads I pick aren’t so busy.
4 Apr
8:17pm, 4 Apr 2024
1,016 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Some good miles going on here.
Glad you're feeling better GG

Just over 6 tonight.
Forth Ultra in just under 3 weeks 🙂
5 Apr
8:55am, 5 Apr 2024
6,802 posts
  •  
steve45
What a treat to see owls and deer Lesley. Compensates for the drizzly weather without a doubt. Good attitude towards the potential wet Saturday long run, hope it goes well.
Good biking LL, riding a bike against the wind is tough but good cardo workout.
Amazingly perfect conditions here this morning, 11c, no wind, no rain! Did five miles, some of it along a river trail. Having company (my wife!) made the run bits less of a struggle. More rain for us expected though so mustn't get too used to "nice" weather!!
5 Apr
8:57am, 5 Apr 2024
6,803 posts
  •  
steve45
Heavy duty running Dave_K. 🥁
5 Apr
12:25pm, 5 Apr 2024
11,543 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
I uploaded today's run and received a virtual badge. 9 and a half years of running it's taken.

5 Apr
1:47pm, 5 Apr 2024
14,860 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks GG . It's good to see that you managed to get out for a couple of easy pace miles yesterday. Things are looking up😃

Thanks Steve. Well done for todays 5 miles with your wife.

Thanks Lesley. Well done for Tuesdays hilly road session and this mornings early run. Good luck with tomorrow's long run.

Well done LL for your 12 miles on the bike in windy conditions.

Well done Dave for last night's 6 miles, and best of luck with the Ultra in 3 weeks time.

FF it's amazing, the badges that "pop up!"

No running today, just the usual Friday Farmers Walk.
5 Apr
1:59pm, 5 Apr 2024
22,140 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Your run sounds perfect Lesley I love a dark run seeing and hearing wildlife.

Well done on the 12m bike ride Loo

Forth ultra will be great Dave - good luck!

Great achievement FF I’ve been around here 16yrs and think I’m only around 10k 😬 must get my act together.

Well done on your runs too Steve and hs

I got out for 4m today, first half mile was walking and chatting with my neighbour and finished with a 2m walk with my friend. Nice to be out but look forward to this bug leaving my body.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000