2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
29 Mar
4:23pm, 29 Mar 2024
1,014 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Thanks FF.
Just seemed to lack energy in those miles.
Tired afterwards, but fine now. Nothing in the plan till Monday, so a bit of R&R till then
29 Mar
7:17pm, 29 Mar 2024
3,748 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Hello Dave, nice to see you back 😊
30 Mar
8:38am, 30 Mar 2024
6,793 posts
  •  
steve45
Great mileage Dave . I remember what it was like when low energy made the run terrible over the last few miles. Well done for digging in.
I get that feeling now at just four miles!! And that's with more walking than running.
Four miles this morning was worth the effort on such a nice morning. Good to have done a hundred miles this month even though there's little real progress happening ☹️.
30 Mar
10:06am, 30 Mar 2024
22,088 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hi Dave nice long run there. Digging deep when it feels hard is extra training! Well done.

And 9.74 I think you did FF you are a tinker 🤣

I’d not heard of that condition neither hs, but I worked with someone years ago who always had some crusting to their eyelashes I wonder if they ever had it diagnosed. Glad the treatment is helping.

Still feeling crap here, it’s down to a cough but it’s exhausting my head still feels under pressure and my whole body aches still. I am managing to sleep so hoping that helps I will attempt a walk/run tomorrow to round my run total. Hopefully by tomorrow I may be feeling more chipper. The sun shining outside looks gorgeous well take Ellie for a woodland walk later.

Well done for the 4 Steve and hope the wee man is soon well Lesley.

Loo hope all is ok with you sorry last post I saw you were feeling tired, hope all the parkrunners had a lovely sunny run today.
30 Mar
12:17pm, 30 Mar 2024
14,819 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Dave for digging in for the last few miles, and everyone else for their achievements.

We were back to the local parkrun this morning in Bartley Park. It was course D, the one comprising 4 hilly laps, finishing at the top of a hill. I was very disappointed with my run. I started well, but I ran out of steam during the last mile. I dug in, as per Dave, and managed a sprint up the hill to the finish.

We are running, not racing, the Solent Half Marathon course, which is the Club's official race on Monday, so I won't be running tomorrow!
30 Mar
1:06pm, 30 Mar 2024
1,015 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Thanks everyone 🙂
Nice to back again
30 Mar
1:13pm, 30 Mar 2024
3,750 posts
  •  
Lesley C
I did a nice wee half this morning, seems like Garmin and fetch are not talking to one another so it's not uploaded yet. The first was lovely this morning and the sun was out. Tired legs now.

The wee man still isn't well, seems to be going backwards. He's sleeping on the sofa again. Not eating much of anything.

That parkrun route sounds tough HS. Enjoy your run on Monday.
30 Mar
2:48pm, 30 Mar 2024
14,821 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done Lesley, I did comment on your run, but somehow I accidentally logged out of it, before I pressed send 😕

I'm sorry to hear that the wee man still isn't very well, and hope that he will soon be feeling better.

The Course D parkrun is tough because of the repetitive laps with all the u turns, which break up the cadence and rhythm. I run quicker on non repetitive courses.

I'm watching the ladies boat race now. Come on Oxford!
30 Mar
7:28pm, 30 Mar 2024
4,095 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Sorry to read about the wee man Lesley but I’m sure he’ll bounce back quick. Well done on your half . I’m brewing a cold I think and also had no oomph at parkrun.

No excuses on the course.
Hope you feel completely better soon GG.

Well done Steve 100 is impressive more than me and I’ve done a marathon.

Well done Dave and FF.
I’m not sure if I mentioned but I’ve been offered a free place in the Great Welsh Marathon as I was first in age! ( is this a reward?) answers on a postcard 🤣
30 Mar
8:12pm, 30 Mar 2024
11,516 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Congratulations on your free race place Looby Loo and category win too from that race.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000