1000 miles in 2024

7 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
2 Apr
10:34am, 2 Apr 2024
6,798 posts
  •  
steve45
Hope that you've recovered from that long almost 11 miles hs. Wise to call it a day and not struggle on. I imagine though that in your young faster days such a jump in miles wouldn't have been that difficult but now it's foolhardy. I saw that your heart rate was ok though.
Yeah, a new normal gg but heck, I don't want to slip any further back! I'll give it all I've got.
A two wheel outing LL! A speedy effort?! I've not cycled for a year, I'd like to but unless it's trails or away from busy roads it isn't much fun here.
Glad that the little 'un is better Lesley and you can focus on prep for the 28th.
Another 5.1 miles this morning. It didn't rain but the trails were a no-go because they're far too waterlogged. Have been struggling with dizziness now for a month which seems to be yet another symptom of my on going complaint. I had thought it was labarynthitis which flares up now and again but its a different sort of being unstable! Bloody hell the petty maladies which aggravate!!
2 Apr
11:01am, 2 Apr 2024
14,838 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, amazingly I felt fine in the afternoon, and feel ok today. You are right that in my younger faster days, I could have made the "jump" without any problems. What hurt though was back in the day, I raced the full distance 3 years in succession in 1hour 21 minutes and a few seconds. Yesterday's 10.96 miles took 2 hours 16 minutes and 33 seconds. With hind sight, I shouldn't have attempted the distance. The others were good by cutting the run short for me

Well done for this mornings 5.1 miles. I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering with dizziness. Have you been for an eye test recently? It's just possible that there could be a problem there.

I used to love cycling, but since I left Liverpool 38 years ago, haven't been on a bike. I wouldn't start again, because I would be much more nervous on the roads.

A lovely bright sunny morning and just the usual Tuesday Farmers Walk.
2 Apr
2:13pm, 2 Apr 2024
4,099 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I am a little nervous I think you need to be and probably a bit over cautious but I’ve been knocked off a few times.

4 miles today to get April started. I will start to slip down the table now my marathon is done.

I need to find another event to train for. Well done Steve hope the dizzy feeling passes soon.
Glad you’re feeling ok today HS.
Just a bad day at the office yesterday.

My 4 felt pretty awful today.
3 Apr
8:06am, 3 Apr 2024
6,799 posts
  •  
steve45
Knocked off a few times! No thanks at my age!

The good old days up until the early eighties were fine for cycling on roads even in this city. (Cardiff). Somehow cycle lanes now, alongside cars don't do it for me. Good on you though LL for pushing through. Good to have an easy low mileage running period following your marathon. Well done on your four miles ...Awful?! Take a break!
The off balance/ dizziness might be a side effect of statins, that's the trouble in taking meds! It was quite evident this morning but interestingly seems ok when I trot!

A drizzly full cloud morning! Only 1.2 miles on a road loop on what is my run/walk rest day.
3 Apr
10:22am, 3 Apr 2024
22,117 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sorry you struggled hs, you have such a great base fitness but sometimes it doesn't transpire when you hope it will. Glad the team were supportive of you.

A good few years ago I started to cycle to work, a couple of near misses had me put the bike in the garage for good. I dont feel in control on a bike too many variables (drivers) or tree roots.

Glad little man is on the up Lesley, and good luck with prep for your race.

LL good luck finding something to aim for. I do feel it helps keep focus.

Great continued running and keep a watch out on that dizziness Steve.

Still no change here, contacted doctors yesterday no appointments - first is 8th May! They put me on a call back with pharmacist who just ran and said I need to see a doctor, doctors called to say a Dr will call me this morning. FFS.

Even when I am suffering with a cold I normally still run or want too - and when it gets to a point its head cold only I'm out to clear it. This is not even happening I couldnt think of anything worse than going for a run at the moment I am so exhausted. I know I am often busier than a lot of people but I have done almost nothing and if I do I sleep for ages afterwards and sat at my desk today I feel drained. Fingers crossed for my call soon and maybe some direction on getting over this.

Any spare miles send them my way please!
3 Apr
2:49pm, 3 Apr 2024
14,841 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done yesterday LL for your 4 miles, but sorry that you felt awful.

Thanks, as you said, just a bad day in the office.

Well done Steve for your 1.2 miles on your run/walk rest day.

Thanks GG, we are a great team and do look after each other. No one ever gets left behind.

I'm sorry to hear that you are still feeling unwell, and the first doctor appointment is over a month away! I hope the doctor does ring today and is able to find a solution.

A very good session this morning with the Wednesday Group. It comprised run out and back, and an interval session of 5 x 100 metres, 5 x 200 metres with 30 seconds recoveries and 4 x 400 metres with 60 seconds recoveries. The efforts were quicker than in the previous session.
4 Apr
9:12am, 4 Apr 2024
22,128 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I saw a doctor yesterday they checked to make sure I didn’t have a chest infection and pleased to say I don’t. They said lots of people have this/similar viruses and they are lasting anything up to a few weeks!

My throat is a lot better today I woke through the night and it wasn’t painful as it has been - touch wood. I might take myself out for a little lunchtime plod just a mile or so see how I get on.
4 Apr
9:15am, 4 Apr 2024
6,800 posts
  •  
steve45
What a session! That's serious stuff hs. Is everyone 's recovery period the same? I believe the idea is to get the HR down to a specific rate rather than there being a timed period. Great training, whatever.
Surprised to see it was drizzling for my morning outing🤣! Wouldn't be the same without some precipitation!! 4.3 miles, mild and breezy too .
4 Apr
9:22am, 4 Apr 2024
4,102 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Well done Steve and HS. GG hope you shake it off soon.

I did a club track session last night. First for ages. Shame I can’t keep going due to traveling.
I’m thinking about a bike ride this morning to get to a checkpoint on the fetch 2022 challenge 🤣
4 Apr
11:17am, 4 Apr 2024
14,848 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Good to hear that your throat is much better today GG, and that your condition is not as serious as you feared. Take care if you do go for a short plod.

Thanks Steve, yes we all recover together for the 30 or 60 seconds. A few years ago, we did work on the basis of waiting for the heart rate falling to 120 bpm, but every one takes a different time to get there. This means everyone stopping and starting at different times, making it difficult to monitor everyone. The running club works on timed recoveries, so we do the same.

Well done for this mornings 4.3 miles in the drizzle.

Thanks LL. Well done for doing a club track session last night. Take care on that bike!

I did a solo hilly 5 miles on roads this morning. I started earlier than usual, and in heavy rain. After about 5 minutes the sun came out 🌞. I was pleased that my average hr was 119 and max 137, so hopefully getting fitter.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000