1000 miles in 2024

5 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
6 Apr
9:26am, 6 Apr 2024
6,804 posts
  •  
steve45
Well done FF, your 8.2 looked a fair effort; I saw that you were enthusiastic on the first and last mile!
Good to have put a run in gg and four miles is ok after what you've been trying to get over.
Top marks again HS for sticking to your routine/training regime.
My iffy balance has now been diagnosed as Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo! Have been given Brandt-Daroff Exercises to do which should clear the crystals (normal) which have been dislodged from their correct position in the ear canal. Three times a day.
It's a bit of a laugh overall innit?!!!
Exercises for my hip (20 mins )
Exercises for tennis elbow ( 20-30 minutes)
Exercises for a voice issue ( 15 minutes)
All in all an hour a day tuning the creaky parts of the body.😂
Then there's run/walk (currently about an hour)
Weights and stretches thank goodness only twice a week!!🤣
Another five miles this morning in balmy conditions along mixed terrain to give me a decent extra above the break even line.
6 Apr
11:35am, 6 Apr 2024
14,863 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done GG for your 4 miles. Thankfully, you seem to be recovering now.

Thanks Steve. Well done for this mornings 5 miles taking you above the break even line. It seems that most of your days will be taken up with various exercises etc, but hopefully will enable you to recover your previous level of fitness.

Very strong winds this morning and I'm glad that I had decided not to parkrun. I had intended to run a solo 5k in the forest round the 1k loop, but the Inclosure was flooded, so I didn't get that far. I wasn't feeling 100% so I walked back home. I will have a rest day tomorrow. Total run/walk 3.38 miles.
6 Apr
11:51am, 6 Apr 2024
22,145 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done on recognising the need for a rest day ha, hope you are ok.

Glad you have a diagnosis and all those exercises will keep you out of mischief Steve! Well done on the 5m

I went with my friend today we managed 6m, I did have to have a few walk breaks my chest definitely feels tight and I did run with my backpack, way more kit in than I’ll need in Jordan but all good practice. A huge 12m this week! I’ll have a rest day tomorrow.
6 Apr
2:49pm, 6 Apr 2024
3,763 posts
  •  
Lesley C
That's lots of rehab exercises Steve, glad you know how to get over the dizziness. Well done on your run this morning.

Probably wise there HS, recovery is very important. Enjoy a rest well earned rest day.

Good to see getting some miles in there GG, looks like it's going to take time to get over your infection.

I did my long run this morning, I did 9 miles before Parkrun (was 5 mins late) but did manage to get past a few people and finish in just over 37 mins from the official start - not too bad at all. Then I ran home again so made it 14 miles. The rain was on but wasn't as heavy as I thought it would be, it did stop when I got to Parkrun. The wind was awful. Wasn't too cold either.
6 Apr
2:59pm, 6 Apr 2024
22,146 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Well done that’s a great run Lesley, glad the rain wasn’t too heavy. The wind is awful isn’t it. But temperatures is up here too.

Yes it’s taking some shifting but taking that I feel human again is welcomed.
6 Apr
3:25pm, 6 Apr 2024
1,017 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Nice run Lesley 🙂

22 miles for me this morning. 18.5 nice and comfortable, followed by 3.5 being blown around like a crisp bag in the wind 😬

Was hoping for a few more but no point fighting a wind that's stopping you in tracks.
7 Apr
9:51am, 7 Apr 2024
6,806 posts
  •  
steve45
Quite an involved session Lesley and great mileage done. Still windy and a bit wet and not the easiest of conditions to run in so well done.
Glad that you're slowly feeling human again gg, what a real nuisance the lurgy came when it did though. Hope you don't overtax your body after the long recovery, take care of yourself.
How many miles more were you hoping for Dave_K?!! Impressive distance indeed, what ultra are you signed up for?
Best week's mileage for six months for me but all single figure distances. I don't need any more to stay on track.
7 Apr
10:57am, 7 Apr 2024
22,149 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
My friend is snapping at my heels on annual mileage and she doesn’t do anything more than the odd 10m all her’s are 3-6 mile she just runs consistently. Well done on your best weekly mileage.

I’m feeling loads better just the grogginess in my throat that is hanging about and my voice still hasn’t recovered - even worse today as we were out with friends last night and I I talked too much.
7 Apr
4:02pm, 7 Apr 2024
1,018 posts
  •  
Dave_K
Steve. Was hoping for marathon distance.
It's the Forth Ultra. 43 miles, circular. Starting at the Kelpies, crossing Kincardine Bridge, along the Fife Coastal path to cross the Forth Road Bridge, then the John Muir Way back to to the start.
8 Apr
10:00am, 8 Apr 2024
6,808 posts
  •  
steve45
Ah...I get it now Dave_K ! You're training well then, good distances so hope it continues until the ultra. When I read your post a few days ago I thought you were doing your fourth ultra in three weeks 😂. I didn't want to be rude in saying that that was not the best way of training/running! I mentioned it to Torey , my wife who's done an ultra or two and she was amazed!!
Yeah, I try to be consistent gg even when it's consistently bad! Ugh to you still having some groggy throat issues but the body is almost bouncing back ok. Still take care though.
Another 5 miler this morning on roads, the trails are shockingly wet. The traffic was awful along part of my route even at 6.30 am; half term over of course!

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000