1000 miles in 2024

6 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
9 Apr
7:40pm, 9 Apr 2024
4,119 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
hillstrider I’m stopping off on the way to my daughter in New Zealand.
9 Apr
11:28pm, 9 Apr 2024
22,161 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Amazing Loo and be fabulous to see your daughter too. Have the best time.
10 Apr
7:54am, 10 Apr 2024
22,163 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Up and out at the crack of dawn with bestie for a last run together before my hols. I must make an effort to get back to morning running as it really is my favourite time to run. Let’s hope I lose this bug in GC and come back like the 2023 version of me.

Hope it’s a nice blue sky day where you’re all at - def improvement on yesterdays torrential rain.

Right last 9.5hrs at work then holiday brain engaged.
10 Apr
8:46am, 10 Apr 2024
6,813 posts
  •  
steve45
Well, lots of globe trotting going on ! What an eclipse treat Mrsb....I watched a live stream of it on screen 🤣. Happy holidays gg and LL, a chosen holiday away from any running is said to be beneficial.
No travel further than the city boundary and just a very short outing of 1.5 miles to enjoy the early morning rain🤣.
10 Apr
9:25am, 10 Apr 2024
3,768 posts
  •  
Lesley C
Have a great time LL and GG.

Well done on your runs everyone. That wind was indeed brutal Dave and good luck with your ultra.

I know someone who saw the eclipse, they were in Canada on holiday. Hope you are enjoying your break Mrs B.

I was out with the easy group last night, wasn't in the mood for the harder club session. The hill they were using for reps is not great for reps - it's very steep and very rough underfoot. I also did my mile. Not my fastest but not my slowest either.

The wee man has got some other bug, he was screaming when I arrived at nursery on Monday (I could hear him outside). They said his temp was over 39, it was not. He's coughing but otherwise fine. Hoping to get him back there tomorrow so we can get some work done at the allotment. Will see. After catching up with the missed sleep I had two weeks ago I am back to being tired after being woken numerous times last night.
10 Apr
11:30am, 10 Apr 2024
11,567 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Your poor lad Lesley, once kids start nursery/school they seem to pick up every bug going.
An unintentionally quick half marathon this morning for me. I set off at what I thought was an easy pace to discover I was 30 or so seconds a mile faster than I expected. It continued like that and I felt good until somehow I managed to increase the pace further to 8.30's for the second half of the run. I was pleased to have finished at the end though but I'm smiling and very pleased with the run overall.
10 Apr
11:34am, 10 Apr 2024
14,886 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks LL for explaining the logistics of your month away. Sounds lovely, so I hope that you have a wonderful time 😃

I also hope that you have a lovely holiday GG and that you manage to shake off that nasty bug😃

Well done Steve for this mornings 1.5 miles in the early morning rain.

It sounded like a good decision Lesley to opt for the session with the easier group.

I'm sorry to hear that the wee man has got another bug, but hopefully not too bad, so that you can take him back to the Nursery tomorrow 🤞I hope that you won't have any more nights broken sleep.

This morning was a hill reps session with the Wednesday Group. We had a really good turnout which was great. The session comprised 6 hill reps with 20 metre sprints on the gravel track over the top. Total mileage including run out and back was 4.38.

This afternoon I'm going to collect my new spectacles. I have had the same two pairs (reading and driving) for 4 years, so my eyes have obviously deteriorated with age.
11 Apr
10:44am, 11 Apr 2024
6,814 posts
  •  
steve45
You've clearly got a lot left in your tank FF. Looks good to be entering a race of some sort.... peaking just by luck as well as effort.

Your poor little boy Lesley, certainly picking up the inevitable bugs and not an easy time for you. Wise decision about doing the reps.
Your reps were on the money hs, well done. Expensive outlay this spectacle malarkey, I wear varifocals and it's quite a dent in my pocket money!!
I was reading yesterday that for most recreational runners intervals need only be "comfortable" and not "sprint" efforts. It went on to explain that if you're not in it to win it comfortably hard should suffice.( Published in Sports Medicine).
A six miler in the drizzle this morning, I'm guessing there'll be a sudden heat wave just in time for the London Marathon.☹️
11 Apr
10:46am, 11 Apr 2024
6,815 posts
  •  
steve45
Didn't Mr Fetch join this target list at some point? He's disappeared.
11 Apr
10:47am, 11 Apr 2024
623 posts
  •  
dobbers
steve45 he is over on the 1200 mile target list

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000