1000 miles in 2024

10 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
13 Apr
5:09pm, 13 Apr 2024
6,819 posts
  •  
steve45
Blue skies! Two determined ladies ready for the off! Lovely pic of you both gg . Blimey....you can tell you're related!
Excellent training Dave_K.
Heat! Well done LL doing park run down there.
Going great guns hs especially on that notorious course.
14 Apr
10:45am, 14 Apr 2024
4,268 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Still struggling to keep up with this forum! Got home on Thursday. Apart from one day in Austin (where we had a beautiful run around Ladybird Lake on the Colorado river)we saw no other runners! Also realised that our friends aren’t just comfortably well off -they are hugely wealthy! We went to their weekend place to watch the eclipse - and I had to run2.7 miles and cross the runway to get to the front gate!

Today was my last long run before Copenhagen. I’ve been strictly following the RunDot programme- which means my long runs are based on time not distance- so 2hrs45 is just short of 17 miles at the pace prescribed. I hope it works!

Oh - and the eclipse was amazing!
14 Apr
11:27am, 14 Apr 2024
14,914 posts
  •  
hillstrider
It seems like you have been having a lovely time MrsB. Good luck with Copenhagen. I believe that time on feet is more beneficial in training than distance.

This morning was an experimental 4.41 miles on roads at threshold effort. Average heart rate 172 bpm, 5.0 aerobic 4.4 anaerobic. I will now take two running rest days.
14 Apr
11:42am, 14 Apr 2024
11,604 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
Have a great holiday GG.
Nice running Dave K.
Lovely to do parkrun tourism in Malaysia LL.
A good parkrun from you hillstrider yesterday, well done.
How awesome Mrsb to see the eclipse and a surprise about your friends.
Your RunDot training is about like my run this morning. I did 18.4 miles 2.58. Quite pleased with that as about a third of it was off road.
14 Apr
4:47pm, 14 Apr 2024
6,822 posts
  •  
steve45
Good to follow a specific programme Mrsb and see how it pans out. Looks like an excellent regime. What a place your friends have!
Great outing again FF and off road makes it that much better too.
172 BPM hs! Average!! My max is only 159 and at 155 in my stress test I had " no reserve left in how my heart was functioning". You're a bit of a beast!
Should have been a non run/ walk day today but did 4.5 miles because we're forecast gales and heavy rain tomorrow.
15 Apr
9:07am, 15 Apr 2024
22,172 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Sounds like another world MrsB and also a fantastic experience to see the eclipse in such a special place.

My coach always gives me timed sessions not miles and on training runs it’s done as perceived effort

Also struggling to keep up with the thread as it’s impossible to read phone in the sunshine and keeping screen time to a minimum so as not to be anti social.

Got out dune bashing yesterday and enjoyed it so much. I did have a moment when I was rather deep in the dunes and thought eek where’s the sea!

We then went for a hike along a trail through GC (Ness and Mr Ness had done this when they were here) good extra training as a double session esp for heat training. Whether this is going to be needed remains to be seen but the way things are looking I don’t think we’ll be going.
15 Apr
4:09pm, 15 Apr 2024
14,923 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Well done FF for todays 18.4 miles.

Thanks Steve, I'm recovering today and tomorrow, as I think that I overdid it yesterday. My average hr has never been that high for as long as I can remember. It's frustrating as the club are doing a bleep test session tomorrow evening. I wanted to do it, but I'm not pushing myself again, so soon after Sunday.

Well done for todays 4.5 miles.

Well done GG for yesterday's dune bashing, followed by a trail hike. Travelling does seem to be iffy now in the current circumstances.
15 Apr
4:49pm, 15 Apr 2024
22,175 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
I’ve emailed the organisers to ask that they give us an update as people in the group are feeling anxious. My biggest worry would be they close the airspace again while we’re out there. I’m sure they would be able to get us out but it would be nice to know they have options available.

Day trip out today to go to see Puerto de Morgan and Puerto Rico. Had a sea swim with my mam. All being well I’ll run again tomorrow
16 Apr
9:37am, 16 Apr 2024
6,824 posts
  •  
steve45
I wonder how your HR went that high hs, but more so how you were able to sustain it. A sensible thing to take a day off after what must have been an arduous run . Any point in doing the bleep test so soon after that?
Glad that you're having what sounds like a lovely time on holiday but a pity about the concerns re Jordan. I shouldn't say it but I'd be more concerned about any plane I was on being caught up in an aggressive situation.
I found it quite chilly this morning but the sun was shining brightly and everywhere was Springlike. 5.2 miles along part trails. Physio yesterday was positive and my hip is responding nicely.
16 Apr
10:56am, 16 Apr 2024
22,177 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
Hope you’re ok hs and sensible to pause for a day. Could it be a cold/bug lurking?

My testing HR is still elevated although it was a couple bpm lower this morning.

Back on the dunes this morning 4.6 total a good 3 on the sand. Legs really felt it today.

Jordan is going ahead unless the FDCO call it off. I’m pleased but I know there will be some anxiety while we’re there. Fingers crossed.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000