1000 miles in 2024

2 lurkers | 59 watchers
Par by the end of today is 728.8
8 Apr
11:29am, 8 Apr 2024
11,554 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
It's been a busy weekend in the FF household trekking around looking at cars. I put a deposit on one Saturday and then did the same yesterday 😯🤦‍♂️ I now need to phone the first garage and disappoint the sales person.
I have just returned from a run which was a little cooler than I expected, the wind felt cool as it blew, anyway 12.7 miles done and I feel quite pleased with it considering how I felt about it when I set off.
Nice miles being done by lots of people including those recovering from bugs. Sorry I don't have time to comment individually.
8 Apr
2:22pm, 8 Apr 2024
14,874 posts
  •  
hillstrider
I'm afraid that I have got a bit behind with posting, so won't comment on individual posts, but just say that there is quality running, training and racing going on😃

Saturday was a bit of a write off. I had decided not to parkrun because of the strong winds, and to do a 5k round the 1k track in the forest. I wasn't expecting the flooded and muddy conditions, and turned back before even reaching the start of the track. Total mileage 3.38 which I suppose was better than nothing.

I took a rest day on Sunday and ran a very enjoyable 10k in Deerleap Inclosure this morning, which was nearly all on gravel trails. We saw about half a dozen deer 🦌 cross in front of us just as we were about to start running. There were lots of runners, dog walkers, and some runners running with their dogs. We were disgusting by the number of dog poo bags left on the ground, and there was even fly tipping which included a mattress.
8 Apr
7:15pm, 8 Apr 2024
1,019 posts
  •  
Dave_K
50 mins easy run tonight. The drizzle was actually quite nice 😂
Back before the forecast heavy rain comes.
9 Apr
8:56am, 9 Apr 2024
6,812 posts
  •  
steve45
So you never found that spare part you needed for your old motor FF. Glad you've found a suitable replacement vehicle now.
Quite a run you did too especially as you weren't feeling much like doing it. Hey, you must fix that approach! Grumbling was once my domain and it didn't serve me well😮.
Nice run hs seeing deer along the way. Same in these parts with dog poo bags, people throw them into trees and bushes. It must be a British thing ☹️.
Good to miss heavy rain Dave_K, a good time out.
Four miles into the teeth of a gale this morning. Felt like 3c and quite a shock to the system compared with the last few days. Wild garlic aroma filling the air along the way.
9 Apr
9:09am, 9 Apr 2024
11,557 posts
  •  
Fenland Flier
steve45 the part was almost £700 for a 12 year old car so I decided against it as fitting it would be extra too. The money spent repairing the car could be put towards a newer one, it's a shame really as it's been a very good car over the 9 years I've had it.

I was okay going out and starting yesterday's run but a mile or so into it I wondered why I was doing it and considered turning around but I kept going and certainly enjoyed the 2nd half of it.
9 Apr
9:27am, 9 Apr 2024
4,115 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
Very descriptive Steve and well done.
I did 60 mins yesterday 32 today to keep me ticking over. I’m heading away for a month today so my training will be hot and miss.
Glad you enjoyed your run HS. FF it’s good we sometimes persevere as it quite often gets better. I’ll keep reading if not posting can be awkward when in another time zone.
9 Apr
9:50am, 9 Apr 2024
4,116 posts
  •  
Looby Loo
I was going to correct the “hot” and miss but as we’re heading to Malaysia it will probably be hot and miss 🤣
9 Apr
11:44am, 9 Apr 2024
14,879 posts
  •  
hillstrider
Thanks Steve, it was a lovely run, but a shame that it was about a 20 minute drive away.

Well done for this mornings 4 miles in the teeth of a gale.

Well done FF for persevering with your run after considering turning back.

Thanks LL, well done for yesterday's 60 minutes and today's 32. Is your month away in Malaysia for work or recreation? Apologies if you have already told us.

The wind this morning was very strong and penetrating during my Farmers Walk.

I seem to be spending took much time "spring cleaning," but thinking of it as being cross training.
9 Apr
2:33pm, 9 Apr 2024
4,267 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
I am so behind! Been in Texas since last Tuesday, visiting an old customer of Husbando’s who has shown us fantastic hospitality. Saw the eclipse yesterday and some epic running locations. Hope all are well!
9 Apr
2:53pm, 9 Apr 2024
22,158 posts
  •  
geordiegirl
wow must have been amazing to see the eclipse MrsB as well as some fantastic hospitality in Texas and running. I could fancy some more American travels.

Wow Loo, Malaysia will be amazing have the best time ever!! It is on our list of places to go - however it is a long list.

Well done for all the running guys. Hopefully the rain and wind will stop eventually.

I love the rare times I see deer on my run, and I feel the pain with the mud it was horrendous in our woods on Sunday - my sensible head didnt last and I joined friends for 4muddy miles.

I got out for an impromptu 4.5 again last night so technically missed my rest day but conscious that there wont be much running this week, planned run lunchtime tomorrow then travel day Thursday, Friday I might do a few explorative miles.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
Welcome to the thread :-) to be on target you need to run 19 Miles per week or 2.7 Miles per day.

Target list can be found here - fetcheveryone.com/training-mileagetargets-filtered.php?category=RUN&mileage=1000