Who Squares Wins!

3 lurkers | 174 watchers
Jun 2020
10:57am, 3 Jun 2020
248 posts
  •  
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
Will be interested to see how the next few weeks pan out. I'm still a bit obsessed with fetchpoint at the moment but no doubt this will draw me in....
Jun 2020
11:05am, 3 Jun 2020
6,501 posts
  •  
Sigh
@TBR, for Fetchpoint there are no other players near you (Density = 0 on leaderboard), so there's little change throughout the day; plus after 30 days your oldest scores drop off.

With WSW, it can change hourly depending upon how active your competitor is, and if you get REALLY competitive you can end up doing the same route by run/bike/walk to maximise your points per square per day just to hang on to them.

At the moment, I'm just letting WSW scores be what they will be, otherwise I'd end up injuring myself :-)
Jun 2020
11:26am, 3 Jun 2020
397 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
VJ's first point is correct. Close match-ups lead to a 12-point exchange from loser to winner. (his second point about whether to worry about him is surely wrong!)

As this keeps coming up (certainly not just you TheBeardRunner) I've worked out Fetch's Elo parameters and knocked up the spreadsheet below to allow us to work out specific ranking-point changes for matches. Hopefully it's self explanatory. Please pin this one as it'll come in handy the next time someone asks.

docs.google.com
Jun 2020
11:29am, 3 Jun 2020
9,422 posts
  •  
ITG 🇮🇸
These are resits, DS. I've done the main term's marking. But I also have a book chapter due 1st July, another due end August and another November plus 2 entirely new courses to prepare for the Fall.

Probably just as well I'm not getting any holidays.
Jun 2020
11:47am, 3 Jun 2020
57 posts
  •  
bish
Bish Bash Bosh indeed Chrisity (I'm now 157-3 down). At least I've finally managed to get to my bottom right corner so should be able to get the four corners badge this week.
Jun 2020
11:55am, 3 Jun 2020
251 posts
  •  
TheBeardRunner (aka Abul Choudhury
Thank you DS. Some proper maths going on there!
VJ I can definitely see how if I do manage to win one or two how it will become a tactical battle.
Jun 2020
11:58am, 3 Jun 2020
398 posts
  •  
Daddy Shark
Chrisity's back? Yikes! When did that happen?
Jun 2020
12:08pm, 3 Jun 2020
8,197 posts
  •  
GordonG
wait... if you lose the game you lose points?? i didn't know that :-0
Jun 2020
12:08pm, 3 Jun 2020
757 posts
  •  
tiamo69
regarding the points, will be interesting to see what happens on Monday; regardless of the result (Win or Loss) in my 'unusual' match up against Macca...

Macca is currently 6th, on 1250 & I've just broken into the Top 20, at 18th, on 1168.

(pretty sure that the 'rule' is, to avoid match ups of over 10 places apart: however, loads of the top players have taken breaks this week, due to last weeks Centurion)
JCB
Jun 2020
12:23pm, 3 Jun 2020
1,234 posts
  •  
JCB
DS great spreadsheet!

Couple of weeks I think for Chrisity.

Welcome back Chrisity!!! 👏🏆

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
fetcheveryone.com/wsw.php