What really grinds your gears?

4 lurkers | 179 watchers
25 May
1:14am, 25 May 2024
10,230 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
GordonG wrote:The sheer number of TV programmes that are basic a 'sleb' going a jolly disguised as a travel documentary.

Ooh I quite like Mysteries of the Pyramids with Dara O'Braiain lol
25 May
8:12am, 25 May 2024
40,153 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
[I'm willing to make a travel programme where I don't get privileged access but have to queue up and be surrounded by crowds as I try to take something in - it would be a truly 'authentic' experience then!]
28 May
11:21am, 28 May 2024
3,851 posts
  •  
Lesley C
The number of people parking in the pickup only bays at the supermarket. For a few more steps they could be in an actual parking bay.

It's even more annoying when the community bus that takes the older folks to the shops can't park there as others can't be bothered parking in an actual space.
28 May
11:31am, 28 May 2024
40,158 posts
  •  
LazyDaisy
People who cycle over the 'No Cycling' signs painted on the tarmac (the path has a number of 'blind' corners and near-misses are all too common).
People who think the short-term parking limits don't apply to them and leave their car there for over 24 hours - without getting a ticket.
People who blithely park on the double yellows outside our house, causing queues and difficulties for the buses along this route.
(Can you tell it's been a Bank Holiday weekend at a seaside resort? One which has plenty of carparks 'but they're further away' 🙄)
28 May
11:31am, 28 May 2024
3,809 posts
  •  
cackleberry
Lesley C wrote:The number of people parking in the pickup only bays at the supermarket. For a few more steps they could be in an actual parking bay. It's even more annoying when the community bus that takes the older folks to the shops can't park there as others can't be bothered parking in an actual space.

That and people who park next to a fuel pump, but go in to get groceries and no fuel.

I feel like asking them what makes them so special that they don't have to use a parking spot?
28 May
11:33am, 28 May 2024
3,810 posts
  •  
cackleberry
LazyDaisy wrote:People who cycle over the 'No Cycling' signs painted on the tarmac (the path has a number of 'blind' corners and near-misses are all too common). People who think the short-term parking limits don't apply to them and leave their car there for over 24 hours - without getting a ticket. People who blithely park on the double yellows outside our house, causing queues and difficulties for the buses along this route. (Can you tell it's been a Bank Holiday weekend at a seaside resort? One which has plenty of carparks 'but they're further away' 🙄)

And all of those things!

We don't have double-yellows, but it's a 70's housing estate where there are not enough drives for the number of cars so there is a lot of double-parking on tight corners. Outside the corner shop is the worst, how the big delivery wagons and bin lorries get through I don't know.

(Feeling very grumpy today)
28 May
11:33am, 28 May 2024
7,493 posts
  •  
Metro_Nome
Oblivious people with umbrellas in crowds. Nearly lost an eye several times.
29 May
9:32pm, 29 May 2024
10,236 posts
  •  
HunkyTeddy
Tennis on the radio. What's the point?
29 May
10:10pm, 29 May 2024
18,723 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
HunkyTeddy wrote:Tennis on the radio. What's the point?

Yes! I was following the score on a match and made the mistake of clicking on the radio feed, lots of quick talking waffle and I was none the wiser what was going on.
3 Jun
11:04pm, 3 Jun 2024
23,087 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
People with a relative who's a doctor and on the strength of it talk as if they know the answer to all medical problems and any issues that might arise in the NHS. EVEN WHEN THERE IS A REAL DOCTOR PRESENT IN THE ROOM.

About This Thread

Maintained by Corrah
A forum to sound off about what really grinds your gears.